Author Topic: Error when creating subfolder [v0.1-stable and v0.1.1]  (Read 4435 times)

Offline mprittie

Error when creating subfolder [v0.1-stable and v0.1.1]
« on: August 25, 2008, 04:33:16 PM »
I've been trying to resolve this problem for sometime know, but have been able to find an answer, hopefully one of you can help.

Everything has been working fine lately with both the 0.1-stable and the 0.1.1 versions I've installed, except for the ability to create subfolders.  I can create primary folders, but every time I try to create a sub folder a red div pops up with the error message "An error has occurred while saving".

I've tried creating subfolders the following ways...
1. I've tried selecting the would be parent folder and entering the subfolder text, which produces an error.
2. I've tried entering the folder text "parent/subfolder", which produces an error.
3. I've dragged a folder named "subfolder" onto the desired parent folder, which produces an error.
4. I've tried entering the folder text "parent.subfolder", creates a folder which appears as "parent.subfolder" and doesn't behave as I believe a subfolder should.

We're running Dovecot and using the MBOX format.  Like I said everything is running fine, except for the ability to create subfolders.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Offline mprittie

I forgot to mention
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 05:27:41 PM »
When I check the roundcube log (when set to log errors), the apache log, and the mail log I don't find any errors at all.

Offline sebastien Cottalorda

I encountered the same problem
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 11:25:45 AM »
Hi,

I encountered the same problem with the last 0.2 alpha version (downloaded few hours ago)

Cheers.

Sebastien

Offline dano

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 12:34:59 PM »
I'm not sure if it's the same or not as I'm using the SVN but if I select the folder I want to make a subfolder in (click on it) then in the create new folder box it says "This folder will be created as subfolder of the currently selected one" and it works.

Offline dkggpeters

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 08:10:30 PM »
The problem is you are using mbox and not maildir.

With mbox when you add a folder you are actually adding a file.  You cannot build a directory off a file.

To build directories in mbox you have to do the following and cannot create a directory off an existing file.

Type in a file name using like Temp/it in which a directory Temp will be created and a file it.  you can then delete it and create what is designated as a directory but is actually a file.

To create multiple nexted try Temp/Test/it which will create a directory Temp and a diretory Test under Temp with a file it.  Just remember that using this the last item will be a file and not a directory which you can name to your liking or delete.

Play around with this a bit and you will get it.

Things to note is that you cannot drag e-mails to a directory but you can to a file.  If you understand how mbox this is evident.

If you are using Maildir then you can create directories and subdirectories using the create folder option.

Mbox stores many e-mails in a file while Maildir creates a seperate file for each e-mail.

Dave

Offline DaveQB

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 06:26:52 PM »
This does not work on Roundcube 0.3.1 unfortunately :(

I think I might change my entire mail server to maildir, which I had been considering for some time anyway.

Any other workaround in the short term?

Offline Thardus

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 12:18:11 PM »
Quote from: DaveQB;23447
This does not work on Roundcube 0.3.1 unfortunately :(

I think I might change my entire mail server to maildir, which I had been considering for some time anyway.

Any other workaround in the short term?

I know this thread is a few months old now but I commented out the javascript validation starting on line 3257 of program/js/app.js:
Code: [Select]

if (name.indexOf(this.env.delimiter)>=0)
        {
        //alert(this.get_label('forbiddencharacter')+' ('+this.env.delimiter+')');
        //return false;
        }

Here's my original post: http://www.roundcubeforum.net/6-svn-releases/20-issues-bugs/6258-folders-subfolders-containing-delimiters.html

Hope that helps.

trungvkvk

help
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 09:00:50 AM »
I also get errors such
have no one to help.
  thanks