Author Topic: Need Urgent Help  (Read 5535 times)

Offline stinky

Need Urgent Help
« on: August 31, 2008, 06:47:24 PM »
First of all greetings to all!!

Well I am sitting a a smaal predicament and I dont know which way to go anymore.

I have been asked to take over and run a server by a friend. The previous administrator is unfortuanatly not around anymore, (very bad car crash). And I have only got access to a couple of things on the server. He did not keep any record of passwords or login details on file. He only kept it on his laptop which is not funcioning at all after the crash.

The server is off-shore and I have only access to a couple of things.

I am not to literate on running servers and it has been about 3 years since I left the IT industry. (I use to be a techie)

The server is running HMailserver version 4.4.1 and roundcube I think it is still version 0.1beta2.

I know it is going to sound really stupid on my part but I havent really read all the documentation for roundcube as I dont have the time on my hands to do so at the moment. So I thought I come and ask the experts here.

How do I access the config page for round cube?
Why does only some addresses work with roundcube and others don't?
And my last question is for now, I am sure there are some type of security feature and is there a way around it of a way to change the login detail?

Thanx for the help in advance.

Jan de Bruyn

Offline jonsjava

Need Urgent Help
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 09:22:56 AM »
That's not really doable through RoundCube. the config file is located in //config/
there are 2 files
main.inc.php
db.inc.php

You need access to the server to get these files (ftp/SSH), but that will only give you the database information.  Roundcube does not handle the IMAP/POP3 user info, more than temporarily store the data (encrypted) in the database.  You cannot change an emails password through it (unless you get someone elses fork of the project, and they have integrated that functionality in the program).

Wish I had a better answer...