Author Topic: customized login page  (Read 9882 times)

Offline Shi_w_li

customized login page
« on: September 12, 2008, 01:34:02 PM »
On my server RoundCube is installed.
My clients can use a link such as "http://mydomain.com:2082/3rdparty/roundcube/?_task=mail" to login.

When they use this link, it is a login of cPanel. But I want to use a customized login page. How to do it?

Please help.
thanks in advance.

I gote some help topics about it But I cannot followed .
How to Customize RoundCube - Surpass Hosting Wiki
hare the suggestion is to go to "/home/username/public_html/roundcube/config/"
But I cannot find any folder named "home" or "username" or "roundcube" or "config" in my ftp.

I donno is there need to install webmail client for customized use, when it already installed on the server?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 10:39:59 PM by bpat1434 »

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
customized login page
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 10:43:09 PM »
They're talking about if you have a dedicated server with them and you can SSH into the server.  Since you can't, by default your FTP should only be able to see from "username" and below.  So what your FTP server shows as "/", is really the "username" folder they specify.  So you should be looking for "/public_html/roundcube/config".

Note that that's for just customizing a regular install of RoundCube.  If you have RC directly integrated into cPanel, then there's not much you can do since they first have to log in to cPanel in order to get to the RoundCube login page.  It's just a part of cPanel unfortunately.  

You can set this up separately and forward requests from "mydomain.com/3rdparty/roundcube" to "roundcube.mydomain.com" or some other subdomain.

Offline pete.1001

customized login page
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 04:19:20 PM »
I also have Roundcube installed on my server.
For my personal use, I opened my mail page and copied the link then created a desktop shortcut to it.
When I clicked on it, I had a login applet that I used my email address and password to input.
From there, the option is to save the password or not (FireFox).
This bypasses the cpanel login.

I know this is not exactly a customised login page, but I hope it helps.

Offline glen

customized login page
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 04:43:01 AM »
ahh I have a similar situation.
What i did was to create a subdomain in cpanel, upload all the roundcube files into a that directory and install roundcube manually.

im also using WHB hosting:)