Author Topic: dropdown email address  (Read 6554 times)

Offline Tonyrc

dropdown email address
« on: October 17, 2008, 09:26:15 AM »
I would like to change the RC login page to have a dropdown menu of all our domain email addresses. Been looking at ..config/main.inc.php (which I think is the file I need to change!) but cannot get it to work. I base this on the fact that I had a dropdown for the domain in this file, which I have now removed as it is no longer required. Can somebody please tell me where to make this change and insert an Array of email addresses.
(i.e. array="email1@domain.com","email2@domain.com")
P.S. I have a frontend html that does this OK, but, some browsers don't except the cookies from that page and the RC login page comes up requiring the input again and it would be nice to have it there for when we log out of one account to go to another.

Thanks in advance for any help

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
dropdown email address
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 12:00:38 AM »
There is no "non-hack" way to do this.  You'd have to hack the source to get the drop-down working as you expect.  I'm not entirely sure it's worth the effort.

You might be able to use some slick javascript to change it ;)

BTW... the following html form works for me:

Same thing with this form...

Hope that helps...

Offline Tonyrc

Code change needed
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 10:38:38 AM »
I have already created a webpage to do my mail login, it works fine and always has,
see it here Email Login

but because some browsers don't allow cookies
and
when we logout we get the RC login page

I would like to take the dropdown menu (username/email address) on my html page and plug it into the RC code.

Thanks for your reply