Author Topic: Need some help with configuration  (Read 3751 times)

Offline Tai

Need some help with configuration
« on: November 12, 2008, 11:24:10 AM »
Hello. I have a small problem. Telling the truth I don`t know what to do next. I know smth about mysql, so with some help maybe I`l be able to make this stuff work.
First of all, so far I configured postfix, devcot, clamavd with virtual mailboxes according to this tutorial Howto: ISP-style Email Server with Debian-Etch and Postfix 2.3. Only roundcube left... and it looks like its gonna be the toughtes part of the job :-(( As you see tables that uses roundcube have diffrent structure from this used in tutorial, so I have working server with mysql etc but I have no idea how to make it work with webmail in my case - roundcube... Any help will be appreciate.

Offline id10t

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 02:53:51 PM »
When you run the roundcube installer it will prompt for mysql username and a db name, and a prefix for the tables created.  You don't need to do any mysql set up manually other than to create a user that will have access.

Offline Tai

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 03:40:16 PM »
wait a minute. Create database you say, but I have database with virtual users, emails, forwards etc... created for postfix (as written in that tutorial)... The problem is how to "make it work" along with roundcube... Is it possible or not?
The problem probably lies in table structure that has been used in that tutorial and those used by roundcube... Correct me if I`m wrong. Roundcube authorize (afaik) users by selection emails from database... There is option in config that allows us to create our own query for the database, but the first column must be an email address... don`t know iif its the only problem... Anyway thanks for help. I`ll try on my own to make it work. If I succed I let you know :-)

Offline id10t

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 07:37:10 PM »
My roundcube install (only 24 hours old) is authenticating against my regular Linux user accounts.  I use exim4 with virtual hosting as my smtp software.

However, roundcube stores settings, caches of emails, drafts, etc. in the database.   Having only glanced over TFM, I'm not sure about it reading a different db to authenticate users, etc.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 04:21:19 AM »
id10t is right
However, roundcube stores settings, caches of emails, drafts, etc. in the database.

Roundcube authenticates against your imap server not directly with a database or anything else. The Roundcube database is just for storing settings and address books, and message cache (if you have caching enabled)
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦