Author Topic: Roundcube + debian + vexim + courier = help  (Read 4912 times)

Offline grimnar

Roundcube + debian + vexim + courier = help
« on: November 27, 2008, 07:27:26 PM »
Okay
So I just installed roundcube on my debian lenny system. And so far only a few things really works.

Since Im using vexim I got only virtual users/domains. But the thing is that only one domain really works. domain1.com and server = localhost is working. And that is only to some degree. I can login, but I cannot write/delete mails.

So lets start with the easy part, how can I make it delete mails?

When I hit the delete button I get this message: "Could not move message".
And and in /var/log/roundcube/errors I get nothing, even I have the debuging set to "8". The same things happens when Im sending mails, but the mail is getting through to the recipient.

So whats going on?
PS, any other logs/setups I should post to clear things up?

-Andreas

Offline rosali

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 12:35:57 AM »
Did you check if the default folders sent, drafts, trash, junk exists on your IMAP server as defined in main.inc.php ?

I had same trouble with a IMAP server which allows only to create additional folders as subfolder of INBOX. I had "sent" and "trash" in main.inc.php but the IMAP server expected "INBOX.sent" and "IMBX.trash". Since adjusting this I was rid of the moving error.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline grimnar

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 04:49:52 AM »
Wow, that worked like magic. Thank you very much!:)
Now to the next question. I can only login with one of my domains. And the server has to be set as localhost. When trying to use the other domains it all hangs for a while, before the session times out. Nothing in my logs gives me any ideas either...

Offline grimnar

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 02:52:28 PM »
Got it all working now with all my virtual domains as well. But I'm still having troubles with deleting the mail? Now I know the user mail and group mail is the owner of the imap maildirs. should I make www-data a member of the mail group?