Author Topic: [0.2-stable] reply code doesn't insert blank lines at beginning of compose form  (Read 2851 times)

Offline steveg_nh

I'm not sure if this is in the right place, so please bear with me if it isn't. Anyway, I installed 0.2-stable without issue, but wonder if I found a bug. I tried finding where to fix it, but couldn't, but I did find a workaround.

When clicking REPLY or REPLY ALL on an email, when the edit form generates, the header text is on the first line of the edit box, with the cursor to he left of it. This forces you to hit enter a few times to move the text down, then use the up arrow to bring the cursor back to the top of the form.

As a workaround, I modified compose.inc to use the FORWARD format when generating a reply email type. This creates a properly formatted reply header, with the text moved down a bit so you can immediately begin typing without any additional keystrokes.

I'm pretty sure that in 0.1.1, reply didn't have this issue.

See attached pics for examples of the Before, and after.

Thanks.

Offline Julius Caesar

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.de-keizer.net/
I'm not fimiliar with version 0.1.1 (I started with 0.2-beta). But what you experience, is normal behavior.

Maybe you can find here more info
Julius Caesar

You can download the Groupvice4 theme here.
Sie können Groupvice4 hier he

Offline steveg_nh

Thanks. I'll read up on that thread you posted.

Now it may be normal, but that doesn't make it right. :)

I know 0.1.1 didn't do this, so something changed, in my opinion, for the worse.

I'm new to helping report bugs in opensource stuff. So do I determine a permanent fix, and suggest it?

Thanks again.

Offline rosali

If you consider it a bug or as an unwanted behaviour, please release a ticket @ RoundCube Webmail ? Trac
Regards,
Rosali