Author Topic: Unable to login after setup  (Read 5551 times)

Offline paul_rogers6

Unable to login after setup
« on: January 13, 2009, 02:55:04 PM »
Dear All

I've recently installed 0.2 stable.  When I try to login I get a "Login failed" message.  Th error log shows:

[13-Jan-2009 18:30:56 +0000] IMAP Error: Authentication for paul@domain.co.uk failed (LOGIN): "a001 NO Authentication failed." (POST /roundcube/?_task=&_action=login)
[13-Jan-2009 18:56:05 +0000] IMAP Error: Authentication for paul@domain.co.uk failed (LOGIN): "a001 NO Authentication failed." (POST /roundcube/?_task=&_action=login)
[13-Jan-2009 19:11:27 +0000] IMAP Error: Authentication for paul@ failed (LOGIN): "a001 NO Authentication failed." (POST /roundcube/?_task=&_action=login)
[13-Jan-2009 19:11:41 +0000] IMAP Error: Authentication for paul@domain.co.uk failed (LOGIN): "a001 NO Authentication failed." (POST /roundcube/?_task=&_action=login)

I've tried logging in as paul, paul@ and paul@domain.co.uk.

auto_create_user is set TRUE but no user has been created in the databse.  I have tried manually adding a user into the database (using the same user/login details as roundcube).  While I could add the user this didn't help and I was still unable to login.

Is roundcube trying to login to the imap server (dovecot in my case)?  Is this is what is failing?

One thing I did notice during config is the des_key.  This was generated by roundcube.  Is this correct or should it match the key used by the imap server?

Any ideas what the problem is, or where to look next.

Many thanks

Paul

Offline rosali

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 12:57:46 AM »
RoundCube authenticates the user against the IMAP server. If login was successfull the user will be created as RoundCube user.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline paul_rogers6

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 11:38:30 AM »
rosali

Many thanks for the reply.  I checked the dovecot logs and discovered that while I was trying to log in as paul the actual user the imap server was seeing was paul@domain.co.uk so the login was failing.

I've changed the username_domain parameter to '' in the roundcube config but have been unable to test the changes since when I try and log in now I get a "Your browser does not support cookies" error message.  I've checked the browser (Firefox 3.0.5) and cookies are enabled.  Any ideas why this may have changed (overnight)

Thanks

Paul

Offline paul_rogers6

Unable to login after setup - ** SOLVED **
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 01:24:50 PM »
Dear All

Having fixed the problem I had with the cookies in this thread:

http://www.roundcubeforum.net/pending-issues/4108-problems-cookies-login.html

I have now tested the login and all works fine.  The problem therefore appears to be as previously stated:

"I checked the dovecot logs and discovered that while I was trying to log in as paul the actual user the imap server was seeing was paul@domain.co.uk so the login was failing.

I've changed the username_domain parameter to '' in the roundcube config ..."

This has fixed the problem.  Many thanks to rosali for pointing me in the right direction.

Regards

Paul