Author Topic: Missing Features  (Read 5386 times)

Offline bluethundr

Missing Features
« on: February 04, 2009, 07:38:59 PM »
I am a big fan of the Roundcube project. It was immensely easy to setup and the interface is slick, elegant and capable.

However, it is my desire to deploy it to my community of users. My users do not like to use it for these reasons.

1) No automatic account registration. (currently they have to email me and tell me what password they want to use. Thereby shattering any illusion of privacy they may have - of course email privacy IS an illusion, but it's one users cling to).

2) No change password function, again meaning that I have to know the passwords to their accounts. Again, I would anyway, since it's my system they're using. But users do like their "privacy".

3) No forgot password option. If someone forgets their password, again they have to contact me to either look it up or change it.

Again, Roundcube is a great product and for my *own* private use I couldn't be happier. But I need a solution for people other than myself and until Roundcube can perform these basic functions, my users will *not* want to use the otherwise very slick webmail I have setup.

Are these capabilities in the works? If so, how soon can we expect to see them?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Missing Features
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 07:56:22 AM »
Password and account creation features have been discussed a number of times but are jobs for plugins and not the main system as they will need to be done in different ways for every setup. The plugin API is due in version 0.3 but there are already account creation and change password patches floating around for some setups.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦