Author Topic: Error with courier-imap-ssl and localhost  (Read 4540 times)

Offline naitro

Error with courier-imap-ssl and localhost
« on: February 05, 2009, 11:24:49 AM »
Hi,

I have running this mailing server configuratión:

Postfix SASL2 - Courier Imap SSL - Mailscanner - LDAP Auth

This configuration, has been probed fine with Thunderbird, on the same local network, different local network, and from WAN, and its run right with SSL receiving and sending messages. Ok.

Then, i have apache2 installed on the same machine, to improve the perfomance of the webmail. I have installed Roundcubemail, and i have the big problem:

Roundcube can´t connect with local imap-ssl server. CONNECTION REFUSED

Code: [Select]
PHP Warning:  fsockopen() [<a href='function.fsockopen'>function.fsockopen</a>]: unable to connect to ssl://localhost:993 (Connection Refused) in /var/www/webmail/program/lib/imap.inc on line 596

Roundcube from this server, can connect with external IMAP SSL ( gmail f.e. ), and external Roundcube from other webserver, can connect to my IMAP-SSL server.

I have searched as long the www, and i can´t found a solution.

I have several ideas about the problem, like php and openssl bugs, some courier-imap-ssl parameter that block the localhost connections ...

But nothing is a correct solution.

Anyone knows ?

Thx and regards.

Offline naitro

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 03:26:06 AM »
Solved.

In the SSLAddress, may be 0 , no IP address.

REgards

Offline garcia

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 05:46:30 AM »
Hi

I encountered, I think, a similar error. The message I've got is:

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to my.imapserver:143 (Permission denied) in /var/www/html/roundcubemail/program/lib/imap.inc on line 596
IMAP connect:  NOT OK(Could not connect to my.imapserver at port 143: Permission denied)

In the log files of the imap server there isn't any message of the attempt to connect.
It seems that the problem is in the same machine where I put roundcubemail (Fedora 8)

Any help?

Thanks

Garcia