Author Topic: IMAP Sort Function  (Read 3756 times)

Offline toddr123

IMAP Sort Function
« on: February 15, 2009, 12:40:41 PM »
I have been using RC since one of the first versions came out.

The issue we have always had is still a problem, none of the email sorts correctly when it's pulled from our SurgeMail server.

As I understand it, the problem is that IMAP SORT is not supported on our mail server.

We can't get away from using SurgeMail and they won't add IMAP support, at least not for the last few years that I have been asking.

So, from the SurgeMail side I get something like this:
"Why don't you just quit using RoundCube and use our webmail solution".

From the RoundCube side I get something like this:
"Stop using a piece of crap mail server that doesn't support IMAP SORT".

Well, I am still left in the same place.. I want to use both because they are both great products on their own, together they suck..

So, last time I checked there was no help for me other than to quit using either Surgemail or Roundcube.

Is there anything new over the last few years that has come available in roundcube which will allow me to get the sorting by date to work?

This is a pretty big problem for us and will probably cause us to stop using RoundCube eventually since it's easier than changing our backend IMAP server. I hate to see it go but I can't continue to just tell our users "too bad" when they complain about the sorting.

I don't even use RoundCube myself, I use SquirrelMail or anything else just to have sorting which is a pretty basic need when reading your email.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Regards,
 Todd R.
Live Answering Services
From $14.95/mo
http://www.PrestigeMessaging.com