Author Topic: Roundcube w/ Dovecot: a000 NO Authentication failed.  (Read 5893 times)

Offline MrTwinEngine

Roundcube w/ Dovecot: a000 NO Authentication failed.
« on: March 02, 2009, 05:14:00 AM »
Hey folks,

I really need some help here. I'm almost going crazy on this problem. Here is what I did and how my setup looks like:

Installation

Debian Etch
Postfix / Dovecot
Syscp 1.4.2

The above installation works just fine so far. As many of you might recall, it's a little tricky to get postfix running under syscp since there is a bug in the syscp created postfix conf-file. Anyway all that is running absolutely sweet now. Sending/receiving emails with any mail client works just fine.

However, while installing Roundcube (0.2 stable) I get the following error message:

Code: [Select]

Connecting to <mymail.mydomain.com> ...
IMAP connect:  NOT OK(Authentication for <niko@mydomain.com> failed (AUTH): &quot;a000 NO Authentication failed. &quot;)

The syslog entry reads as follows:

Code: [Select]

Mar  2 10:59:28 ffm2-052 dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected: user=, method=CRAM-MD5, rip=xx.xxx.xx.xx, lip=xx.xxx.xx.xx, secured

Now, here was my guess. The method=CRAM-MD5 could be the problem. I recalled that the encrypted passwords were one of the initial problems in getting postfix and syscp working together...

Does any one of you have a clue what the problem could be and/or where to look for a solution?

Thanks a million .... I really need to get this system up and running
Niko

Offline Julius Caesar

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.de-keizer.net/
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 05:29:57 AM »
Postfix is not your IMAP-server, that is dovecot. Have you checked the settings for logging into dovecot (/etc/dovecot.conf) and those in /config/main.inc.php if they match?
Julius Caesar

You can download the Groupvice4 theme here.
Sie können Groupvice4 hier he

Offline alcazone

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 05:09:13 PM »
Hi,

did you solve the problem till today?