Author Topic: Simple Question  (Read 2942 times)

Offline Samtheman

Simple Question
« on: March 13, 2009, 03:11:07 PM »
Hey Guys,

I like Roundcube - it really seems to be coming along nicely. But I have one question:

If I decide to delete mailbox - for example I now no longer want test1@mailbox.com - how do I delete its webmail files from the database? If I delete it from the users DB I'm not getting rid of everything like preferences, messages, cache am I?

Do you have a routine or can you recommend a query I can execute to delete a user entirely. It's just I am managing an environment with 800 people - 100 leave a year (its educational sector lol - there not getting fired). After a while this is really going to mount up...

Thanks and good job RC dudes.

:)

Offline rosali

Simple Question
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 03:26:35 PM »
Well, I have the same problem running a test environment @ mail4us.net.

There is no such functionality at the moment. Remember me, if there is still no script for it within the next 2 months (lol - I'm busy).

Do not touch the users table, because I will need the last login stored there. I think it's the best approach to have a cron script to clean up the database, if a user has not logged in within a specified period.

Your opinion?
Regards,
Rosali

Offline Samtheman

Good Idea
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 06:01:21 PM »
Yes, I think that is a good idea. It is like forums when you prune them (delete posts with replies older than X days). You should also have a part of the site where you can delete them manually aswell - regardless of days. Maybe an admin section in the site for DB backup, user deletion and check for updates?

Really good product by the way - I like it a lot. @Mail is too basic without an HTML editor with Horde and Squirrel not much better. RC is awesome!

Offline Samtheman

Simple Question
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 06:04:17 PM »
Wow,

I just noticed your test application. You have a registering system - is this a beta release or RC/ALPHA of future Roundcube. I run hMailServer and would absolutely love users to be able to "Register" because I don't want Auto-Account Creation - i'd like to collect details associated with them. Whenever a student is sent: [Important] and the mail is from us - we send them SMS for example. It would be nice to get this number when they register..

Sorry, found link: thanks:

http://www.roundcubeforum.net/plug-ins/2440-let-users-signup-email-accounts-hmailserver-roundcube.html
« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 06:06:39 PM by Samtheman »

Offline rosali

Simple Question
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 01:25:13 AM »
My registrating system is part of MyRoundCube (see footer).
Regards,
Rosali