Author Topic: checking emails locally  (Read 2667 times)

Offline jlim0930

checking emails locally
« on: March 17, 2009, 12:04:46 PM »
Sorry but I am kind of a n00b at roundcube.

I have my mail and web server running on the same machine and I am wondering if there is a way for roundcube to access the server directly to check for mail instead of imap since they are both sitting on the same box.  I believe this will help speed up roundcube.

I do have cacheing etc enabled but is there anything else I can do to speed it up ?

Offline Numbski

checking emails locally
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 12:27:16 PM »
Quote from: jlim0930;17830
Sorry but I am kind of a n00b at roundcube.

I have my mail and web server running on the same machine and I am wondering if there is a way for roundcube to access the server directly to check for mail instead of imap since they are both sitting on the same box.  I believe this will help speed up roundcube.

I do have cacheing etc enabled but is there anything else I can do to speed it up ?

The only way to do it locally would be to open up and parse the mail files directly, and I'm pretty sure RoundCube doesn't have that logic.  You're going to have to use imap locally, which should be stupid fast if you're connecting to 127.0.0.1.  If not, then maybe your mailboxes are large?  If that's the case, perhaps you should consider using dbmail?  What is your imap daemon?  uw-imap?

Offline jlim0930

checking emails locally
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 02:08:17 PM »
this is a new setup and with squirrelmail it was pretty fast...

I am using dovecot as my imap server.