Author Topic: Server 500 error  (Read 2942 times)

Offline thepvp.org

Server 500 error
« on: March 23, 2009, 06:33:16 PM »
I have RC installed on one domain and it functions beautifully and no issues, to odd hic-up with attaching a file but in general it function without issue.

So we install RC via the host "One Click" service and it installs but will not connect to the mail server for that domain, we get a constant server error 500 message.

The odd thing is that using an alternative connection to the server in a web browser that sports its own email client functions fine, connection not a problem.

Now this is the weird bit...

If I explain this as we have 2 domains, one I will call newdomain.org.uk and the other I will refer to as otherdomain.org

The newdomain.org.uk is the new RC install and when I as stated put in the mail server, login and password all I get is a resulting 500 error BUT when I am on the newdoamin.org.uk domain but put in a username password and mailserver infor for otherdomain.org, it connects without a murmer.

Confused? Because I am.

Yes the mail accounts DO exist, they have to with the host we have.

Re installed it... done that 3 times now, still same result.

Questions....

How do you tell the version number of RC as I have no way of telling if the host updated the installer with a newer release?

Could the issue be the database that it created? It does exist and if so how do I tell if theirs an issue or not.

Something must be wrong somewhere as I fail to see how it can on the newdomain.org.uk connect to the otherdomain.org accounts without an error but return nothing but server 500 errors when on the newdoamin.org.uk domain.

I have asked the host if theirs any config problems with the mail servers and they came back and said all is OK, the webbrowser email client can connect to the servers without issue and also the hosts generic webmail service connects but for some reason I keep getting server 500 errors.

I feel ilke I am going in circles...

Suggestions, ideas, anyone?