Author Topic: Mobile device support  (Read 7167 times)

Offline rolltidega

Mobile device support
« on: March 24, 2009, 01:31:44 PM »
I would love to see mobile device support for Roundcube.  Being able to use the web browser on my smartphone to access a mobile version of Roundcube would be great!  Just throwing that one out there!  :)

Offline Julius Caesar

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.de-keizer.net/
Mobile device support
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 04:31:45 AM »
Quote from: rolltidega;18010
I would love to see mobile device support for Roundcube.  Being able to use the web browser on my smartphone to access a mobile version of Roundcube would be great!  Just throwing that one out there!  :)

Why not pick up the challenge yourself and write a skin for mobile devices?
Julius Caesar

You can download the Groupvice4 theme here.
Sie können Groupvice4 hier he

Offline rosali

Mobile device support
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 10:19:32 AM »
I think it has be done by CORE and not only by Skin. Skins use methods in app.js which are not supported by most moblie devices. I think it will be a challenge to code a plugin as soon as the plugin API is out.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline jmeander

Mobile device support
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 11:30:18 PM »
I've been running on my WinMo 6.1 PDA the past few days and thought I'd give my test installs of RC and MyRC a whirl.

Both Opera and IE loaded my unpatched base RC install and while it wasn't the best interface, it was basically functional but I admittedly didn't try to do much beyond viewing mail.

The MyRC install wouldn't even load. Got my 404 page in IE and a white blank in Opera. Didn't go any further than that.

~J

OT P.S. What is it that people see in Opera Mobile?!? I must be too new at this PDA WinMo thing because while I read raves everywhere, Opera's beauty seems to be escaping me...