Author Topic: Newbie questions  (Read 3228 times)

Offline natol

Newbie questions
« on: April 18, 2009, 01:42:44 AM »
Hello,

I read (not all!) the forum and there are many things, but I would appreciate some replies to my simple questions.

We are looking for a solution to offer a full mail service on a CentOS server. Has Roundcube the following features:

- Automatic creation of an email account through a browser, by a future user? I read here that it can depend of the control panel? Currently is it possible using Plesk? Webadmin? cpanel? NO control panel? What would be the best solution for this to be possible?

- Mail box can be checked by POP/IMAP (and webmail of course) in secure mode (TLS, SSL etc)?

- SMTP and secure SMTP for users? If so, can it be reserved to "some users"?

- Is it possible for the admin to make groups of users who will then have some privileges (SMTP for example)?

Thank you,

Antoine

Offline rosali

Newbie questions
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 02:04:30 AM »
TLS/SSL is available for IMAP/SMTP. There is no POP3 at all. Also RoundCube does not have any Groupware features.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Newbie questions
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 04:54:41 AM »
It sounds to me like you might have misunderstood what roundcube is. It is an IMAP client it has no user management or admin features, it is like a web based Outlook or Thunderbird. You can control who can log in and out and the way that it connects to your IMAP server but they rest is up to your server.

There are some patches around to integrate in to some control panels, but the official version is standalone.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦