Author Topic: Roundcube doesn't read e-mails  (Read 3546 times)

Offline chrapaszcz

Roundcube doesn't read e-mails
« on: April 22, 2009, 07:13:31 AM »
I am building a new mail server using postfix, courier and also roundcube. I would like to copy all mailboxes from my old server (they are in '/home/user/Maildir/' directories). And I've got problem with reading them by roundcube. I can see, using roundcube, user's mail directory in the new server (the path is same - it is /home/user/Maildir), all folders but no messages which are inside. Roundcube only displays a list of no-subject, no-size (0 kB) and no-content e-mails. I tried to use roundcube with messages caching in database (mysql) and without caching them. Effect was the same. Can anybody tell me what is the reason of this problem? Thank You very much!

Offline Julius Caesar

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.de-keizer.net/
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 07:24:01 AM »
I would like to copy all mailboxes from my old server (they are in '/home/user/Maildir/' directories). And I've got problem with reading them by roundcube.

Are the rights for these directories and files also the same?
Julius Caesar

You can download the Groupvice4 theme here.
Sie können Groupvice4 hier he

Offline chrapaszcz

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 08:46:48 AM »
Yes. The ownership of all files (incl. correct group) is the same. I compared e-mails imported from old server with e-mails sent from new server via roundcube interface. All permissions was the same. Only difference is what I described in my post. "Old" messages can't be displayed correctly, with new I don't have any problems. Regards

Offline Julius Caesar

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.de-keizer.net/
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 09:23:33 AM »
I'm not familiar with with Maildir, but with MBox in the folder containing the mailboxes there is a directory called .map which contains several control files:

./Mail/.imap/INBOX
Code: [Select]

$ ls -la
total 28
drwx------ 2 jcaesar jcaesar  4096 Jan 21 15:06 .
drwx------ 9 jcaesar jcaesar  4096 Feb  5 13:48 ..
-rwx------ 1 jcaesar jcaesar   144 Jan 21 15:06 dovecot.index
-rwx------ 1 jcaesar jcaesar 10272 Jan 21 15:06 dovecot.index.cache
-rwx------ 1 jcaesar jcaesar    96 Jan 21 15:06 dovecot.index.log

Are these folders present and if so, what happens if you truncate the files dovecot.index and dovecot.index.cache using the following command:

Code: [Select]

$ > dovecot.index
$ > dovecot.index.cache
Julius Caesar

You can download the Groupvice4 theme here.
Sie können Groupvice4 hier he