Author Topic: Alternative 3rd Party Library Location  (Read 2112 times)

Offline gdpwatson

Alternative 3rd Party Library Location
« on: April 28, 2009, 09:14:20 AM »
Hey all,

I found Roundcube today when doing research for my company and it seems to be the perfect solution to an issue I am currently having, namely the god awful horde mail and its lack of userfriendliness!

I am in the process of installing this application but like some other I am having an issue with the 3rd Party libraries.

My issue is that several of the required libraries are unavailable, or more precisely they cannot be found in the default include_path location.

As I have a shared hosting platform I am unable to have this setting changed so I was wondering if its possible to upload these libraries to within my Roundcube installation and to then somehow point the app to these?

Kindest regards in advance,

G

*UPDATE*

Ok, so I amended the index.php file in the installer directory so that the include path for the pear libraries is pointing to a directory within my domain.

This allowed me to successfully install the pear base code and the MDB2 code. The 'Check Environment' page reports these as being 'ok'.

When I uploaded the SMTP.php files into a folder called Net within the 'pear' directory the 'Check Environment' page seems to stop after the 'MDB2: OK' line.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Here's a link to the installer page just in case: My Page

If you click on the 'Start Installation' button you'll see what I mean.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 11:29:45 AM by gdpwatson »