Author Topic: Creating User Email Accounts?  (Read 6031 times)

Offline TorontoJoe

Creating User Email Accounts?
« on: June 11, 2009, 11:42:12 AM »
So I've just installed RC on to my host and the installation seemed to take well. I've been able to go to my login page and use the default email account that was set up by default.

I can't for the life of me figure out though figure out though how I go about setting up user accounts?

I read something about RC not having a cPanel or dashboard so I'm not sure how this process works. I've logged in via the default account, but it seems to be a normal webmail interface with no options for setting up mail users.

Would anyone have any insight here? I'm stumped!

Currently my user login page is: RoundCube Webmail :: Welcome to RoundCube Webmail

So do i try to access another file in another directory maybe?

Offline dano

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 01:35:52 PM »
Roundcube is a client not an interface for adding/managing users.  You would do this the same way you normally would.

Offline TorontoJoe

Not a client interface?
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 03:26:10 PM »
OK - I'm confused...Then where would you set up email accounts or what would you use to do this?

So then somehow accounts are managed elsewhere and mail managed through RC?

I think I'm missing something here...

Offline rosali

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 01:02:49 AM »
Accounts and mails are managed by a IMAP server of you choice. RoundCube is a client which communicates with the IMAP server by IMAP and SMTP protocol.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline LaNN

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 02:12:22 PM »
Hi,

What TorontoJoe said is about user management.
Yes RC si just a web mail client but each user using it, RC will store in the db. The user that is not in db can't use RC.

By default RC have auto_create_user = true so each time new user login for first time RC will store the user as a valid user in db.

However I am sure many user don't want anybody around the world use this their RC. It will eat their bandwidth (and space a little bit).

Consider my case, My office can't access gmail.com and mail.google.com because blocked by network admin. I use my own domain and RC connect to gmail via IMAP. Then I can access my gmail using my domain.

I don't want somebody use my RC. So I have set auto_create_user = false. However I also want my friends using this with my knowledge. What I want to do is change auto_create_user = true in mail.inc.php, upload, let user login, set to false and upload again or I need to add row in users and identities table in db.

I ddn't find the user management after googling around. My thougt RC not support it. However I believe this features is useful to many user.

LaNN

Offline KoJans

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 08:20:06 AM »
If you're still looking for user management: have a look at postfix.admin:
Postfix Admin - Web based administration interface