Author Topic: change servage mail password  (Read 8061 times)

Offline toss

change servage mail password
« on: July 21, 2009, 05:28:00 AM »
Hi,

I am using Servage shared hosting. I uploaded round cube & is working great for me & my clients except changing the mail password. I added the module by editing the code for Roundcube to change the password for mail. When tried to change the password it shows the message password changed successfully but at the backend it does not change.

Can some one please help me understand how can i fix this problem? I would really appreciate this.

Regards,
Arihant

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 09:16:54 AM »
what password changer are you using? is there anything in the error logs? how is the password actually changed ... ie: where is it stored? you best bet is probably to put some debug statements in the bit of code which actually does the changing. sorry, without some more detail i dont think we can really help you.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline toss

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 05:04:35 AM »
Thank you for your reply.

There is nothing i found in error log. I do not know much what is wrong with it. I am attaching the code for the password changer that might help you understand what i am doing. I copied this code from some website long time ago. cannot recall which site it was.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 08:23:36 AM »
There does not appear to be any actual checking that the password was changed in that script, it just assumes it was.

All I can suggest is that you add some debug output in the changepassword function in program/include/cpanel.php and try and see what it is doing, or contact the author.

BTW you use servage hosting correct? Do they use cPanel? I had a quick look at their website and I didn't see any mention of it. Are you use this is the right tool for the job?

Offline toss

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 11:47:41 AM »
Thank you for your reply!!

Yes i use Servage. They do not use cPanel. They have developed there own interface of control panel.

I am using the same script with hostmonster. they use cPanel. This script works with host monster. Not sure why it is not working with Servage.

As suggested by you i will try to add debug statement & then check. Will post back the result soon.

Regards,
Arihant

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 04:48:34 AM »
If they don't use cPanel then why are you trying to use a cPanel change password script? :p It's never going to work.

Your email password is nothing to do with RC, that is why there is no change password funciton in it by default. If you want such a function then you have to use a patch/plugin which can interact with your backend.

This patch works with hostmonster coz they use cPanel to run things and so changing the email password via the cPanel API is the way to go, Servage don't use cPanel so using the same function will do absolutly nothing.

You need to find out where/how your email passwords are stored and if there is direct or API based access to them and then either find or make a patch/plugin which uses that method to change the password.