Author Topic: not receiving income message  (Read 4203 times)

Offline t716c

not receiving income message
« on: July 27, 2009, 10:52:11 PM »
after I read the forum, it is very complicated if we use webmail.
I use the simplest way to check email and send email, it's typing the http://218.xxx.xxxx, and sign in to my mailbox.

But after 2 weeks, I finally noticed, people cannot send email to my inbox.  Is it because the setting procedure??  or what??  I can send email out, but cannot receive any email.  I tried to send email from a hotmail account to my roundcube webmail account, it shows, "This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.  Delivery to the following recipients failed."

What's going on??  Anyone could help me??  I tried to retype the capital letter to lower case in preference (someone fixed the problem by changing the cases), but it doesn't work for me!

Thanks for anyone!!

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 03:19:09 AM »
that is a mail server error, not roundcube. check your mail server logs for some more information on what happened.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline t716c

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 04:37:12 AM »
mail server logs?  how can I check?  where is it??

Thanks!

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 03:34:11 AM »
i cant really help you with that, if you are running a *nix system try /var/logs/ or look in the mail serve config for the location of the logs.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline laxmisrikanth

Same with me. Help needed. URGENT
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 05:37:02 AM »
I could send E-mails, but unable to receive.
Got " Delivery failure ...... " error.

Any inputs to resolve the same?

Cheers!
LS

Offline rosali

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 01:58:48 PM »
As stated by JohnDoh this can't be a RoundCube issue. RoundCube is a client. To receive mails from the outer world you need a working SMTP service. RoundCube just "asks" your server if there are mails to handle. It is not responsible to "receive" the mails. You say you can send, but sending is delivering by SMTP. So, if you get the error (assuming that's a server email message) it states: RoundCube has delivered the message to your SMTP service but the SMTP service got an error while trying to connect ot recipients SMTP service!
Regards,
Rosali