Author Topic: Unable to connect to IMAP server without a special flag/command  (Read 2297 times)

Offline kuemerle5

I've had RoundCube running on my site and it is by far the slickest freely available web based email client. I have run into one small issue that will not let to connect to my school's IMAP server, though. The server only accepts secure connections, but the funny this is is that it certificate is not valid! Dumb. So basically I need a way to put in a command that ignore the certificate's validity. Something like:
   /novalidate-cert
If anyone could fix this (it seems fairly easy enough), it would be greatly appeciated! BTW, the school web mail interface stinks, that is why I must use RoundCube!

Also, I know that my school does run an IMAP server because I can use Live mail to connect to it (the desktop app, not the web mail).

Offline kuemerle5

Unable to connect to IMAP server without a special flag/command
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 04:44:39 PM »
Alright, all fixed! I'm good. All I needed to do was format the IMAP host like so:
'tls://****.*****.edu/novalidate-cert'
Easy as pie.
If anybody plans on doing this, it looks nasty in the login page, so make that really cool looking array so you can define a readable name for that host!