Author Topic: Can't open roundmail on new users  (Read 3659 times)

Offline sloan1919

Can't open roundmail on new users
« on: September 10, 2009, 11:24:15 PM »
I have a VM running ubuntu JeOS 8.0.4, postfix + courier-imap. When I create a new user on the ubuntu system the Maildir/ is not created until I send an email to that user. If I attempt to login with roundcube before I send the email, the server goes to 100% cpu usage and times out after 120 secs. The roundcube log file doesn't give any info just that it timed out after 120s. This seems to be related to the fact that the Maildir/ is not created until that first email is sent. Any ideas?

Sloan

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 04:33:46 AM »
sorry to state the obvious but why not just send an email when you create the account?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline sloan1919

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 11:10:32 AM »
Quote from: JohnDoh;21163
sorry to state the obvious but why not just send an email when you create the account?

Well clearly that is what we are doing John. The point was to figure out why this is happening, if I don't know why I can't use it in production because it might be able to be recreated by the user doing something that crashes the entire mail server VM. E.G. deleting their Maildir or placing something in the dir that roundcube can not parse.

Sloan

Offline sloan1919

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 11:13:22 AM »
It seems as if it can't handle an exception in a manner that doesn't crash the server. BTW I am using lighttpd as the web server.

Offline dano

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 12:24:45 PM »
Is there a configuration option to have it create the maildir when a new user is created?

Offline wskeggs

Same problem
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 06:51:36 PM »
I have the same problem with a system with roughly the same specs. Is it possible to send new users a welcome email or something?

Offline sloan1919

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 12:52:03 AM »
Quote from: dano;21364
Is there a configuration option to have it create the maildir when a new user is created?

Not sure. Seems like a logical way to go but a better way would be to handle any exceptions that arise from the maildir not existing or being damaged. I know we have some php guys here who would love to step through some 'code' for us. lol

Sloan

Offline wskeggs

Fixed.
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 06:26:09 PM »
This issue was fixed for me by installing the latest svn trunk. :)