Author Topic: Attachment upload error  (Read 3659 times)

Offline Muzza

Attachment upload error
« on: October 07, 2009, 10:23:50 PM »
Hi

I'm running RC 3.0 stable with WAMP server (running on XP Pro which has Apache 2.2.11, MySQL 5.1.36 and PHP 5.3) against hmailserver 5.3.

I'm really impressed with RC but are having an issue when trying to upload attachments. I've done lots of research on PHP options etc, but have had no luck getting to the bottom of the issue.

Whenever I attempt to upload any attachment I click on the upload button after browsing for my attachment and nothing happens.

The only error I can track down is in the apache access log which reports:
 "POST /webmail/?_task=mail&_action=upload HTTP/1.1" 500 -"

I.e. I'm getting an internal server error 500. Great.

Everything runs as SYSTEM, so roundcube has access to temp directory. I've also updated main.inc.php to specify the full path just in case it is having issue. No file ever gets uploaded to the temp directory.

Opening attachments works fine, just trying to upload is the issue.

Would really appreciate any guidance here.

Thanks

Offline Muzza

Solution found!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 01:50:45 AM »
To answer my own question, in case someone else also strikes this, the issue with attachment uploads came down to the "mimetypes.php" in the config directory for roundcube.

I was initially testing with .txt and .conf files as they were small. Turns out if these aren't in the mimetypes list, RC doesn't know what to do with them and so Apache spit an "error 500" at you.

Once I made the relevant modifications to the mimetypes file, for things like .pdf, .jpg, .zip (i.e. the usual things you normally attach to emails) they all work fine.