Author Topic: RAR forwarded attachments corrupted  (Read 4530 times)

Offline patrickzfr

RAR forwarded attachments corrupted
« on: October 17, 2009, 10:03:47 AM »
Hi!
I set up Roundcube 3.0 stable on my Ubuntu server few days ago and it works fine :)

But... I noticed an issue when a friend sent me an email with a .rar file attached. When I log to Roundcube from my Firefox or IE remote connection  and open this email, I can open the rar file and unrar it.

Then, I just wanted to forward this email to an other friend and sent it to him by forwarding it with Roundcube.
He has received the forwarded email with the file attached (the name of the file was unchanged). He opened the email with his Outlook 2003 client, but when he wanted to open the rar file with Winrar, he got the message that the file was corrupted, impossible to unrar it.

I have spent lot of time these last days to try solve this issue by changing some parameters in the Roundcube's main.inc.php file, like I could see in different post of this forum, but still the same.. impossible to forward correctly emails with rar (or ZIP too).

it is very boring :( I tried to do the same using Squirrelmail, and absolutely no problem. All the attachements sent can be perfectly unrared by the recipients.

It sounds Roundcube has a bug somewhere concerning attachment forwarding..

Any help?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 10:06:08 AM by patrickzfr »
Roundcube 3.0 stable on Ubuntu 8.04 LTS

Offline patrickzfr

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 10:43:03 AM »
I just made some tests by sending different emails with .pdf, .doc, .xls and .ppt files attached.

When I forward these emails using Roundcube, I can read all of them with Outlook 2003.

It seems that the issue appears only for the .rar and .zip files :confused:

Offline alec

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 04:24:44 AM »

Offline patrickzfr

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 07:07:41 AM »
Thank you so much Alec! It works great now :D

Long life to Roundcube :p

mutu26

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 04:48:39 AM »
Quote from: patrickzfr;22320
I just made some tests by sending different emails with .pdf, .doc, .xls and .ppt files attached.

When I forward these emails using Roundcube, I can read all of them with Outlook 2003.

It seems that the issue appears only for the .rar and .zip files :confused:

Some days ago I was in the Internet and noticed there many interesting softwares and downloaded it. But one of them didn't extract from rar archive,but to my good fortune I found out the next tool - how to fix rar file? on a soft blog. The program solved my problem very easy and absolutely free of charge. Reason of it has a lot of opportunities...