Author Topic: It works for 30mins then: DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!  (Read 3135 times)

Offline interweb

It works for 30mins then: DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!
« on: November 05, 2009, 09:34:59 AM »
Hi,

Hopefully someone can help me out here.

I've had roundcube up and running on a server for a good few months, then out of the blue when going to the login page it throws up the error:

DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!

I wasn't sure what the problem was as it had been working perfectly for so long. Anyway to save time I just decided to remove the roundcube directory and do a fresh set-up of the latest version.

I set up a new database for it and it was working fine. Then about 30mins later it started throwing up the same error when trying to go to the log in page:

DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!

It's a Linux server running PHP 5

The last error log is:

[05-Nov-2009 14:05:18 +0000]: DB Error: _doConnect: [Error message: Access denied for user 'web170-rondcbe-9'@'localhost' (using password: YES)]
[Native code: 1045]
[Native message: Access denied for user 'web170-rondcbe-9'@'localhost' (using password: YES)]
 ** mysql(mysql)://web170-rondcbe-9:xxx@localhost/web170-rondcbe-9 in /home/sites/my-website.com/public_html/email/program/include/rcube_mdb2.php on line 100 (GET /email/)

Does anyone have any ideas as to why its doing this?

I have a few other websites running on the same hosting packages and the roundcube webmail on them is working fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
It works for 30mins then: DATABASE ERROR: CONNECTION FAILED!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 11:48:30 PM »
Its a permissions problem, try giving the database user full access to the database again.