Author Topic: Installation on Windows 2003 Server Running Plesk 9.2  (Read 5175 times)

Offline ANSASERVERS

Installation on Windows 2003 Server Running Plesk 9.2
« on: November 07, 2009, 10:35:31 PM »
Hey Guys,

i am new to this plesk thing, i have always been a cpanel boy... i can see why now!!!!! I am or i should say rather have been trying to install roundcube following the install instructions on the website of roundcube.. of course no luck. If i google roundcube installation for plesk its all unix and linux based there not step by step guides or tutorials for Windows & Plesk.

So i am asking does anyone have any turtorial that i can follow to install roundcuve on a plesk server running windows 2003 server

I have gotten this far, created the DB's moved the old webmail files to a folder called webmail.old and zipped it created a folder called horde and moved all the roundcuve files into there. gone into the config directory and renamed or removed .dist of all the files as per a turtial opened my browser and to http://webmail.ausnetservers.net.au/installer/ but i am getting this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in c:\Inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\program\include\main.inc on line 74
Failed loading C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\extras\ioncube\ioncube_loader_win_4.2.dll

The ioncube loaders are working as i have other software using them eg WHMCS.

thanks in advanced.

Offline ANSASERVERS

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 10:41:56 PM »
i just worked out that error was been caused because there was still config files teat has the*.dist extension after the .php. now i am getting this error when i try and run the installer

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in c:\Inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\program\include\main.inc on line 74
Failed loading C:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\extras\ioncube\ioncube_loader_win_4.2.dll

if i open the main.inc file on that line its saying:

$opt = rcmail::get_instance()->config->get($config_key);

Offline toetag

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2009, 11:12:29 PM »
i'm not an expert on Horde or Roundcube but i have to ask, why is horde being mentioned in a Roundcube forum?  Horde and Roundcube are seperate unrelated webmail projects.
<[ a desert to an irishman is an empty glass. ]>

Offline ANSASERVERS

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2009, 11:31:00 PM »
as i have said if u read the forum properly.. its only the folder nothing more as plesk looks for the horde folder and i dont know where to change it so i moved the contents of the roundcube install to the horde folder and delted what was in there after i made a backup! :)

Offline toetag

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 11:39:28 PM »
Okay, it wasn't clear in your first post that "horde" was a specific folder plesk uses.  (never heard of plesk).

does your web service users have rights to the ioncube folder referenced in the error code?

/and it's probably not a good idea to get snippy in a forum when you are asking for help

Offline toetag

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2009, 11:51:03 PM »
you are right though, it's late and i'm not reading correct.  missed the comment that ioncube is working fine.

have you configured the databases yet?  the function that is being used in line 74 is supposed to return a table name.  supposedly only used for postgres.

what version of PHP?  php 5.2 is required and a search of the forums for "unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR" point to a prior upgrade to proper PHP needing a reboot or upgrading to 5.2 or higher.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 11:58:41 PM by toetag »

Offline ANSASERVERS

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 12:57:24 AM »
i have created the database however it is still empty!

I am running PHP 5.2.2 that comes with plesk 9.2