Author Topic: Problem accessing Roundcube through different FQDN's  (Read 3254 times)

Offline Deag

Problem accessing Roundcube through different FQDN's
« on: December 24, 2009, 06:23:01 AM »
Hello, I'm having an issue with connecting to Roundcube using different FQDN's, just wondering if anyone else encountered this and if so, if there is a solution available.

My system: Roundcube 0.3.1 + PHP 5.3.1 + MySQL 5.1.37 + IIS6 on a W2K3 box.
Internal name: roundcube.internal.lan, the host name is roundcube

The server eventually needs to be accessible from the internet; I have a public certificate for 'webmail.external.lan' (obviously fake, name is chosen just to make my point).

Everything is running ok internally when I connect using 'roundcube.internal.lan', however when I connect to the same system using the external name the following happens:
- I am presented with a login screen. I log in, the log file adds an entry telling me I successfully authenticated
- Immediately after logging in I get thrown back to the Roundcube login page. Sometimes an error 'your browser does not accept cookies' appears. This is absolutely not the case, everyting is working fine when I connect using the internal name.

I have ruled out everything else, the problem is the usage of another FQDN when accessing the Roundcube system. I have also tested the same setup with Squirrelmail, this is working without any problems at all.

Any ideas on what's happening here? Can this issue be resolved?

Thanks for your reply!

Offline Deag

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 05:29:44 AM »
I guess I'll be the only one replying to my earlier post then.
The situation is clear: RoundCube doesn't work. Every other alternative I tested (Squirrelmail/IMP/AfterLogic/Claros) works without the problems I mentioned.
My conclusion: RoundCube contains some bugs and doesn't deliver on pretty basic stuff. Too bad, RC looks promising but doesn't deliver on pretty basic stuff. Issues with cookies, attachments not uploading etc etc.
Doesn't look like these things will be fixed shortly, I'm switching to another solution.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 05:37:42 AM »
You should open a ticket at http://trac.roundcube.net/