Author Topic: RCmail not working with my providor the ReadLine func goes in a never ending loop!!!  (Read 3282 times)

Offline paritycheck

Hi guys - I seem to have a problem with rcmail here. It was working fine with my providor when all of a sudden somethings gone wrong. To start with its not able to login to the providor to begin with - instead it dies out.

I tried to trace the issue and found that the iil_C_FetchHeaders function makes a call to the iil_ReadLine function in the lib\imap.inc file and at that point the loop goes on endlessly. I traced even the iil_ReadLine function and saw that theres a small loop there which reads a line from the connection however its constantly reading in a false value and the false value seems to be never ending.

I checked with another mail providor and it works fine. I don't know whats wrong here - please do help....we haven't made any change to the configuration at all....it was working before but its dead now?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Whats the error in the error log, also what is the imap server log look like when you are trying to login.

Offline paritycheck

Well the error log reports a timeout - its logging in I mean authentication is working fine, its only when its fetching headers that something goes wrong. The ReadLine function:
Code: [Select]
function iil_ReadLine($fp, $size=1024) {

$line = '';

if (!$fp) {
    return $line;
}

if (!$size) {
$size = 1024;
}

do {
    $buffer = fgets($fp, $size);

_log('buffer');

if ($buffer === false) {
        break;
    }
$line .= $buffer;
} while ($buffer[strlen($buffer)-1] != "\n");

return $line;
}

looks like that I try to trace the fp and buffer variables and all I get prior to the timeout are a looooong continuity of just NULL and false values respectively. Is this a providor issue? There are lot of mails in the mailbox but that was never an issue before so whats going on now?

Offline alec

Quote from: paritycheck;24689

looks like that I try to trace the fp and buffer variables and all I get prior to the timeout are a looooong continuity of just NULL and false values respectively.

Enable imap_debug in Roundcube and check in logs/imap what happen before.