Author Topic: Multiple installations of roundcube using same DB  (Read 2899 times)

Offline perrohunter

Multiple installations of roundcube using same DB
« on: February 04, 2010, 03:31:53 PM »
hi !

Is is posible to have multiple installations of roundcube all working with the same DB ?

Offline bagu

• Bagu.biz
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 05:49:58 PM »
Excuse me for the question, but, what is the goal ?
I can't understand why someone may need that, so can you explain please ?
 Thanks a lot.

Offline perrohunter

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 06:28:49 PM »
surething, I have plenty of domains, and to make it look more personalized I'd like to install a roundcube for each of them under their own domain, (webmail.something.com) but I don't want to install a new DB for each new install

the advante of doing it this way is that I could have personalized CSS for each domain

cheers

Offline bagu

• Bagu.biz
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 09:04:44 PM »
I see a plugin called vlogin witch come from squirrelmail...it's under developpement, but it should do what you're searching for...(i also have many domains, so i'm searching nearly the same thing)

Offline rosali

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 12:47:43 AM »
It should be possible to access same database by differnt Roundcube installations. Just try it.

But I wouldn't go that way. I would install one Roundcube and parse the domain from the access URL. Then set the different config values according to the domain. There are several threads in the forum which could help you (f.e. http://www.roundcubeforum.net/3-news-announcements/12-general-discussion/4696-multiple-servers.html).
Regards,
Rosali