Author Topic: Cursor at top in replies - a simple fix anyone?  (Read 3712 times)

Offline bobg

Cursor at top in replies - a simple fix anyone?
« on: February 22, 2010, 03:40:15 PM »
I've given up on trying to get both the cursor AND the signature appear at the top by default in replies, but I'd be really happy if anyone has a simple solution for getting just the cursor to appear at the top by default. I have several hundred webmail users, and it seems quite unacceptable to expect them to run the cursor to the top each time that they reply. Are there a couple of php or js files that I can edit to fix this. A couple of file replacements, perhaps? Using the latest version, 0.3.1 I think it is. Thanking you all in anticipation, Bob.

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 04:37:18 PM »
I've seen your other thread regarding sigs and cursor, and the short answer is that it is not as simple as it seems. The best solution is definitely to use a recent SVN version plus the sig-separator patch, as noted in the other thread. There are far too many bits and pieces to touch to try to recreate functions that are already built-in the latest SVNs.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline bobg

How do I apply the patch, please?
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 05:12:52 PM »
Thank you AberGlund. Following Skaero's earlier advice, I ftp'd the following list of files across from the SVN Repository, replacing the ones already there, of course:
Changeset 3087 ? Roundcube Webmail
but I then found that when I clicked on Settings, I was presented with Page Not Found (I'm under the impression that I needed to go to Settings to tick a box after uploading the files?). True, I hadn't applied the patch:
http://trac.roundcube.net/attachment...tor-3261.patch
as I simply don't know how to apply it. Is the patch in the form of a file that needs to be copied over? Perhaps part of a file. I really don't know, sorry. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 05:55:52 PM »
The problem is that if you are using the release version of RC and then adding only the changed files from the Changeset you are only updating a few individual bits, which may reference parts that have been updated in other Changesets for other reasons. I would strongly recommend not attempting to update individual files, but to simply install a recent SVN version instead.

The patch file is a list of updates within the main app.js, and those changes need to be added to the main file either via patching or manually editing the file. Are you running Roundcube on your own server, or a hosted box? What OS are you using?
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline bobg

I'll give it a miss for now
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 01:38:06 PM »
Many thanks, Aberglund. I think I'll give it a miss for now. I'm a reseller, hosting over 76 domains. I've installed RC into each of the 76 domains, and have modified one of the php files to suit. The thought of having to upload the SVN files to each of the 76 domains feels me with dread! Also, I'm not sure how to install the patch. RoundCube looks great, my only qualms so far is the cursor position thing and the 2Mb send limit (I'm aware that this limit can be increased, but I've tested it and have not found it too successful).
Best regards, and thanks for the pointers. Bob.

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 11:28:19 PM »
Well, without going into the possibility of running more than one domain per install (a very useful option), and me not knowing your precise situation, it still seems like it would be fairly simple to upgrade one domain to a recent SVN version, apply the patch to it, then copy all the files from that patched SVN (except the two config files) into the other 75 domains. Certainly doesn't seem all that dreadful to me, especially if you run on Linux. Also assuming that you don't have too many customizations, custom skins, etc. installed.

Should you decide to try this, send me a PM and I'll see if I can talk you through the patching process. Once done, there will be several additions that your customers will probably like, including the options shown in the attached screenshot.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 03:50:17 PM by ABerglund »
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA

insuranceagent001

insurance agent website
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 01:04:35 AM »
Hi! Thanks for letting me be part of this group. Although I haven't lived in
San Francisco my entire life,
I pretty much feel like it. I've never really known any place else since grade school.

I'm about to finish college this spring. But I'm thinking about taking another year
(and earning another degree) or going straight into grad school. This doesn't seem to be
a good time to be going into the job market.

Fortunately, I do make a little extra dough on the side designing websites for insurance
agents and brokers. They're actually a different type of websites, because
insurance website
have to have an embedded insurance quote engine, that allows insurance shoppers
to compare multiple plans and complete an online application. The job's not much, but it
covers my weekend tab... with a little leftover for the slightly finer things in life.

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 11:20:23 AM »
A quick update - as of SVN 3315, patching is no longer required. The separator fix has been incorporated into the code, and works even better than my patch did.
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA