Author Topic: Warning: could not read the config template file  (Read 7349 times)

Offline tzpow

Warning: could not read the config template file
« on: March 23, 2010, 02:03:17 AM »
I am working on this problem for a few hours and I have no luck finding a fix for it...

I am installing the lastest Roundcube in my Windows 03 server sp2 64 bit machine. I am currently at the step of configuring in the config page... This is the link to my Check Environment page. Can someone please tell me if the settings are good on this page?  Also this is how it looks like in the Create config page. Please verify this page also?

So when I click on the "update config" button on the Create Config page,   I get this message: [Warning: could not read the config template file] and both textboxes are empty... The above guide indicates to copy the "main.inc.php" and the "db.inc.php " and place them in mail/config, but since both boxes are empty there is nothing to copy... What should I do here?

Please help>

thanks

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 04:56:50 AM »
The installer try to read the config file in /config/ check that main.inc.php.dist and db.inc.php.dist are in the folder and that they have read access. If the installer script still doesn't work make a copy of main.inc.php.dist and db.inc.php.dist and rename them to main.inc.php and db.inc.php and change the values inside.

Offline tzpow

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 02:01:08 PM »
I have the following accounts: Do i need add additional user account?

administrators: Full
iis_wpg: read&execute, list folder contents, read
internet guest account:  read&execute, list folder contents, read
system: full
user: read&execute, list folder contents, read

Offline tzpow

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 06:00:42 PM »
can some walk walk me through via instance messenger and I will compensate him/her for their time? please pm me if you are interested.

thanks

Offline tzpow

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 12:39:19 AM »
Problem solved for this part...

Here is what happened in case someone run into this problem again. I changed the file name from main.inc.php.dist to main.inc.php and db.inc.php.dist to db.inc.php  should leave as it is and the configure script looks for those file before you can creat those .php file in the config page.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 06:35:59 AM »
Let me know if you run into anymore problems.