Author Topic: New Theme "Classic Blue"  (Read 22063 times)

Offline strictlydata

New Theme "Classic Blue"
« on: March 28, 2010, 12:42:32 PM »
Hi Guys,

I had a bit of time on my hands so I decided to reskin my webmail. I'm happy with the result so I thought I would share!

I'm hoping that it is fully functional as I used the latest default skin from roundcube 0.3.1 as a base, but there may be some bugs or css alignment errors.

One small problem is the menu text is hardcoded so localization won't happen. This was done as the Roundcube labels are a bit long. You will have to change these manually in the templates.

I've tested with firefox, ie and safari web browsers.

Some screenshots attached.

Let me know your thoughts.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
New Theme "Classic Blue"
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 05:09:24 AM »
Good Job O0 I agree that that there is a lack of good labels to use for buttons, I ran into the same problem on the last skin I was developing.

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
New Theme "Classic Blue"
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 11:19:40 AM »
What I can see of this skin looks good. But since we are waiting for RC v.0.4 (with full contact group support) before rolling out to our organization, I don't have a normal 0.3.1 install to test it on. And there are many css errors when you use it with the latest SVN versions. (I'm currently using SVN 3435.)

This to me is the biggest problem with re-skinning RC. There are so many changes between RC versions that even a well developed theme is like to get outdated or broken with the very next update, and frequently needs a complete revamp every time something changes on RC. A skin developer needs to provide constant updates and tweaks to the skin to keep it working, and an organization that uses a skin needs to keep their RC install static - you can't update RC until the skin you use is updated for the later release.

It is really great that the skin architecture was built into RC, but it would be nice if the skin elements could be more stable from version to version.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline strictlydata

Thankyou and found a small bug (Fixed)
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 03:08:57 PM »
Thank you for your positive feedback.

I installed the latest svn today to check the theme and found only slight misalignments. Can you post some screen shots from your version?

I understand the issue with the changing RC versions, but it doesn’t take too long to re-skin and add the updates.

I did find a bug though it was stopping the message from being sent, so please find the latest version attached.

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
New Theme "Classic Blue"
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 05:31:32 PM »
Installed your newest release, same issues. But I looked at it a bit closer and figured out that the problem is in the contextmenu plugin. With that plugin disabled it looks nice and works quite well. The functionality of this plugin is important to us, so if you could add support for it to your skin, that would be great.

FWIW, the contextmenu plugin has its own skins/default css and such.
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
New Theme "Classic Blue"
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 06:08:31 PM »
Poked around in it a little more. As expected, the issues that jump out at me are mostly related to newly added features, or plugins.

The plugins that I've noted small issues with include contextmenu, vacation, help, and compose_newwindow. Most of these are small css bug, I suspect.

New features that cause problems - the buttons at the bottom for threaded view options are still red and overlap the other bottom controls.

Other missing items - no tool bar entry for "Mark messages as..."
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline strictlydata

Classic Blue contextmenu plugin skin
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 03:49:09 AM »
ABerglund

find attached the skin for the contextmenu plugin. place the folder in ../plugins/contextmenu/skins folder.

I have removed the icons but am unsure whether or not to reinstate them, please let me know your thoughts.

the missing mark messages are under Actions.

Which browser are you using?

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
New Theme "Classic Blue"
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 12:11:04 PM »
The context menu fix works fine, thanks. I'm undecided on the icons, part of me says yes, but part says no. So I'd leave them out for now.

I myself typically use Safari on OS X 10.6, but we as an organization are also testing with Firefox (both PC and Mac) and limited testing with various IE versions (mostly 7+).

When used in our testing environment (now running SVN 3444), here is a quick list of (mostly small) things we've noticed in the core install:

• Does not support the new Threaded view options. At the bottom, the "Expand all/Collapse All" buttons are visible in red, but overlay the Select choices. The "Thread/Column options" menu icon at the far left of the message list header bar is not visible.
  • Address groups are shown in the group list, but the control buttons at the the bottom of the Group list are not visible, so there is no way to add new groups. (Contact Group support is in very early stages in the SVN now, might be a moving target for a bit yet.)
  • Several issues on the compose page: Add Attachment button/link doesn't work; Priority and Return Reciept tools are misplaced and overlay the message box or HTML editor toolbar; Send and Back controls overlay each other.
  • The Insert signature button is not displayed in the compose window. (This feature was added with top-posting reply support in recent SVN versions.)
Issues with various plugins we are using:

• The icon for the "Help" link is partially displayed, and overlays the text link. (Plugin - help, has separate skins folder)
  • The interface for the Vacation autoresponder tab in Preferences is not consistent with all the rest, still looks like the default skin. (Plugin - vacation, has separate skins folder)
  • The icon for the floating addressbook (Plugin - compose_addressbook, has separate skins folder) is displayed, and within the same separator as the Save As Draft link.
  • Other plugins we've noted with their own skins folders (not all in use by us) - markasjunk, managesieve, compose_newwindow, calendar, archive.
Also, here is another small recommendation from our User Interface team:

• An outline for the folder list similar to the one around the message list would be nice.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 12:15:45 PM by ABerglund »
Arne Berglund
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline strictlydata

New versions
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 07:40:27 AM »
ABerglund,

I've had a quick look into the issues you are having, Yes these are all to do with new features.

I'm a bit reserved to update the theme until version 4 is released, as more funtionality may be included.

As soon as version 4 is released (Has anyone a rough date on this yet?) I will update.

Thanks

Offline fastsvc

calendar
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 04:26:54 AM »
Thank you again for the theme. I was just wondering if there is a way to fix a little problem with the calendar option in top of the page. Mine shows little image in the background of half a calendar. Can anyone help me fix that please?

Offline strictlydata

A fix
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 02:48:28 PM »
If this is the only skin you are using then you can edit the calendar.css file,

#taskbar a.button-calendar {
  background: url('images/calendar.png') 0px 4px no-repeat;
}

to

#taskbar a.button-calendar {
  /*background: url('images/calendar.png') 0px 4px no-repeat;*/
}

If not then copy the whole default skin folder for the calendar and rename this to classicblue.
Then edit the calendar.css file.

Anyone using the classicblue skin won't have the calendar icon.

Hope this helps

Offline strictlydata

Classicblue for RC 0.4 beta version
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 05:36:44 PM »
I've updated the classic blue skin to the latest rc version.

This includes Threads and address groups.

Let me know if you find any issues.

Offline strictlydata

Is any one using this skin
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 11:19:36 AM »
I've noticed that this skin isn't compatible with the latest trunk.
Is any one using it? If so I will update.

Thanks

Offline kmn

New Theme "Classic Blue"
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2010, 12:35:39 AM »
Hello,

The screenshot in the original post contained text label icons and hence I was interested. But on downloading the zip, it is seen that the image folders do not contain text label icons. So I did not install.

How come this change?

Regards

Offline qnrq

• http://pipemail.org/
New Theme "Classic Blue"
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2010, 10:37:07 PM »
Quote from: strictlydata;28874
Is any one using it? If so I will update.

Yes, please!