Author Topic: Problem with my email...please help!  (Read 5162 times)

Offline skay99

Problem with my email...please help!
« on: May 25, 2010, 02:04:31 PM »
I own a restaurant and pay a guy to host my website and email address.  About once a month for the past 6 months the email stops working and will not allow me to login and will bounce any emails that are sent to me.  It has been very frustrating!

For some reason the guy who hosts it for me is no longer returning my phone calls and emails and at this point I just want to get my email up and running as my business depends upon it.

I follow these steps to access my email when it is working normally.
1.  webmail.designergreens.net
2.  input username and password in a popup window
3.  arrive at a screen titled cPanel X that gives me a choise between Horde, Squirrel Mail, and Roundcube.  I always use Roundcube.
4.  I click on round cube and it will take me to my email.  Now it is taking me to a screen asking me for my username and password again which it will reject.

Pllllleeeeeeeeeassssseeeee hellllppp
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 10:10:14 PM by skaero »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 10:12:57 PM »
You will have to get in contact with your host to fix it, if you can't you may just want to move hosts to get access to your email.

Offline skay99

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 01:36:09 PM »
Thank you for your response.  As someone who doesn't know much about hosting how can I take my website/email from one hosting company to another without having my current host release control of the site?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 09:00:11 PM »
It depends if you have control of the domain, if you do you can change the DNS to point to a different host otherwise there isn't much you can do.