Author Topic: Search all e-mails  (Read 3696 times)

Offline heikruwi

Search all e-mails
« on: June 17, 2010, 09:04:13 AM »
Hi guys,

really nice webmail. Thanks for all the time that you put in the dev and the support here!

One question I have: is it possible to search all the e-mails in the inbox? The searchfield is only applying to the number of displayed messages, is it?

heikruwi

Offline dziobak

Search all e-mails
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 01:11:49 PM »
no, but you can write a plugin to do this.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Search all e-mails
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 02:56:59 PM »
One question I have: is it possible to search all the e-mails in the inbox? The searchfield is only applying to the number of displayed messages, is it?

Do you mean one searches the page you are on or only the folder you are in? A search will search all messages in the current folder, no matter how many messages are on a page.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline heikruwi

Search all e-mails
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 03:39:50 PM »
Quote from: JohnDoh;28114
Do you mean one searches the page you are on or only the folder you are in? A search will search all messages in the current folder, no matter how many messages are on a page.

Hmm... quite strange. I have 17.500 messages in the INBOX. Sometimes the Inbox-folder is suddenly displayed to be emtpy (no messages). Clicking the folder again ("loading" is stated then) doesn't change this fact. When I click to another folder, e.g. SENT, and than back to the INBOX the messages are there again. This and the fact that the search is not really working properly.

Is this amount of messages in the INBOX maybe to much for roundcube? Should I switch this database-caching on? I guess while the installation I did not check it. Any other options or sth else that I should check?

I would really like to use roundcube if i get this problem fixed. :-)

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Search all e-mails
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 01:16:56 AM »
There have been some tickets that relate to large folder lately, It may be a IMAP timeout #1486764 (large mailboxes don't display mails) ? Roundcube Webmail try the SVN and see if its works.

Offline heikruwi

Search all e-mails
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 03:15:05 PM »
The problem with the empty mailbox seams to be solved by commenting this line 602 out. :-)

But it is still that the search seams to be not working properly with that big amount of messages in the INBOX. Sometimes it works, sometimes it displays "no results" even if there should be some.

How can I switch on the database-caching now, if i haven't activated this during the installation? Can this maybe raise the performance?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Search all e-mails
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 03:55:06 PM »
You can turn it on in /config/main.inc.php by changing
Code: [Select]
$rcmail_config['enable_caching']
to true. It only stores the email headers and does help if the mail server is on a different server. Check out Howto_Performance ? Roundcube Webmail for other performance information.