Author Topic: RC Basics To Edit Or Fix Non Working Vacation Responder  (Read 3836 times)

Offline Whippy

RC Basics To Edit Or Fix Non Working Vacation Responder
« on: June 18, 2010, 02:45:34 PM »
I have zero experience with RC and very limited knowledge of MySQL. I inherited a RC install of v.3 on a Mac Server and it is running successfully, but has a minor issue: The Vacation Responder SieveRules -http://www.tehinterweb.co.uk/roundcube/#pisieverules is unable to turn off when the employee returns from vacation. In the individual email setting, when turned "off" the responder keeps sending the reply when an email is sent to the employee.

Would someone be interested in either assisting me via this Forum or over the telephone?

Many thanks

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 06:01:27 AM »
When you say "turned off" what exactly do you mean? Did you disable the rule?

Do you have access to the server? If so could you check the .sieve file in the user's directory and see if it has been updated correctly?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline Whippy

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 07:20:41 PM »
Yes, I disabled the Auto Reply in the individual email account. It keeps sending the message, however.

I have access to the Server. I am not sure where to access the .sieve file and if so directed, how do I know it has been updated correctly.

Is there a web gui for the admin in RC to allow to enable/disable or config plugins?

Thank you

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 05:26:17 AM »
Yes, I disabled the Auto Reply in the individual email account.
What IMAP server are you using? Can you tell me what you did to disable the auto-reply it sounds to me like may be you are talking about something which has nothing to do with sieve and so this plugin wont help you.

The exact location and name of the sieve files will depend on your server setup so I can't be exact but generally then will be in the same place as the user's Maildir.

There is no admin for RC, plugins can be enabled/disabled from the main config file [rc root]config/main.inc.php and individual plugins may have their own config file in their dir for eample [rc root]/plugins/sieverules/config.inc.php

Offline Whippy

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 12:25:45 PM »
Hello & thanks for your response.

The Server is Snow Leopard using dovecot. I have included a screenshot of where the autoresponder is turned off in the web interface. I have also included a shot of the directory where the plugin is stored.

I either need to fix this or need instructions to remove the plug from the RC install.

Thanks

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 03:28:20 AM »
thanks for the screenshots. I see you are talking about the managesieve plugin, not sieverules - they are not the same thing. To enable or disable a plugin then simple add or remove it from the $rcmail_config['plugins'] array in [rc root]/config/main.inc.php. Disabling wont solve your problem, it will only remove the options from the interface.

Looking at the other screenshot (the one of the vaction message) this doesn't look like managesieve to me, may be someone else can recognise it. Are you sure it is part of RoundCube?

Offline Whippy

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 06:08:50 AM »
Can any Mac guy jump in here and perhaps figure out what is causing my issue? Or at the very least give me an option to remove the vacation responder from the web interface.

Thanks

Offline Whippy

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 04:06:56 PM »
Bump the request. Thanks~

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 04:18:17 AM »
It doesn't look to be a RoundCube problem, if your using a default server install from apple you should ask on a apple support forum.