Author Topic: Sieverules and 0.4 beta issue  (Read 6692 times)

Offline timtraver

Sieverules and 0.4 beta issue
« on: June 25, 2010, 02:25:37 AM »
Hello John Doe,

ok, I have 0.4 beta installed, and I have the latest version of your sieverules plugin installed and am having a problem when creating new rules.

In the Filter Actions area, the "Redirect Message To" drop down selection does not bring up the list of folders to redirect them to...

Funny thing is, if a rule already exists that has a folder redirection, then the list appears, but if you select something else from that list, and then come back to "Redirect Message To", then it is no longer there...

what is there in its place is a blank field.

I have verified that I have the latest version from April 23rd of your plugin, and the current build of 0.4beta I believe is trunk-r3706.zip

I know that you are probably able to "Redirect Message To" an email address somewhere else, but I don't remember this being broke earlier...

Let me know if you need any more information,

Tim.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 02:55:56 AM »
Hi,

"Redirect message to" is suposed to give you a text box, it is for forwarding email to another address. It sounds like what you are looking for is "Move message to" this will give you a list of folders to choose from. If that is missing from the list then it could be disabled in your config, $rcmail_config['sieverules_allowed_actions'] should have 'fileinto' set to true, or it could be missing from your server's list of supported extensions. I'm guessing if you currently have rules which use it then the problem is probably in your config.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline timtraver

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 04:20:12 PM »
John,

well, actually, those are set correctly in the config files for your plugin...here is the config entry for that stuff :

$rcmail_config['sieverules_allowed_actions'] = array(
                                                                                        'fileinto' => TRUE,
                                                                                        'vacation' => TRUE,
                                                                                        'reject' => TRUE,
                                                                                        'redirect' => TRUE,
                                                                                        'keep' => TRUE,
                                                                                        'discard' => TRUE,
                                                                                        'imapflags' => TRUE,
                                                                                        'notify' => TRUE,
                                                                                        'stop' => TRUE
                                                                                        );

I guess I'll have to look at the managesieve config to see what I can find.

Just so you know, I am using Dovecot version 2, with the latest pigeonhole sieve builds...

Tim.

Offline timtraver

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 04:23:18 PM »
Just looked at my dovecot sieve configs, and I show the following :

# Which Sieve language extensions are available to users. By default,
  # all supported extensions are available, except for deprecated
  # extensions or those that are still under development. Some system
  # administrators may want to disable certain Sieve extensions or
  # enable those that are not available by default. This setting can
  # use '+' and '-' to specify differences relative to the default.
  # For example `sieve_extensions = +imapflags' will enable the
  # deprecated imapflags extension in addition to all extensions
  # enabled by default.
  #sieve_extensions = +notify +imapflags

which means that it should use ALL of the available functions...

how can I manually talk to the managesieve port to get you some information as to why it may not be giving up the list of supported extensions properly?

Tim.

Offline timtraver

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 04:47:15 PM »
more info...

ok, it looks like it might not be your plugin, cause your plugin is expecting the list of sieve implementations from the managesieve server...

I found out that for some reason, this version of dovecot and pigeonhole is sending a blank SIEVE line in the response to the connection, so that is probably why the list is messed up.

so, I am talking on the dovecot lists to see if I can find out why...

t

Offline timtraver

solved
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 06:34:39 PM »
Ok, it appears to be dovecot's issue that they are working on...here is a snippet I got from the dovecot list :

Basically, one of the top items on our TODO list. Changes to the Dovecot  service configuration in Dovecot v2.0 broke the ability to dynamically  obtain the ManageSieve capabilities before the user has logged in. We  are close to fixing this, but until then you can use the  managesieve_sieve_capability setting to set this response manually  (refer to INSTALL file).

so, to anyone that is using dovecot 2.0, this may happen until they get it fixed, and there is a workaround...

Tim.