Author Topic: Unable to connect to imap server  (Read 2675 times)

Offline mark.valley

Unable to connect to imap server
« on: July 08, 2010, 01:12:00 PM »
Hi everyone,

I am having this problem that is driving me nuts...

I am using courier configured w/ postgresql and it seems to be working fine. Testing w/ "authtest username password"  return a susscessful authentication.

But i am not able to configure Roundcube to work with IMAP. When i try to login i receive the message "Unable to connect to imap server"

Looking in the logs i can't see any usefull information. Using telnet at port 143 show that IMAP daemon is up.

Here are the result at some logs:

-- Roundcube error log:

[08-Jul-2010 13:23:07 -0300]: IMAP Error: Authentication for some_user@some_mail.com failed (LOGIN): "" (POST /roundcubemail/?_task=&_action=login)

-- /var/log/mail.log

Jul  8 14:11:19 eolios authdaemond: Authenticated: sysusername=, sysuserid=5000, sysgroupid=5000, homedir=/home/vmail, address=some_user@some_mail.com, fullname=SOME USER, maildir=some_mail.com/some_user/, quota=, options=
Jul  8 14:11:19 eolios authdaemond: Authenticated: clearpasswd=12345, passwd=$1$2412e309$2V/UNhkD0qOiNprOY3W3r0

--

It seems the IMAP is receiving the auth request and returning a positive match but roundcube does not reflect it.

This only happens when i try a valid login/password. If i try an invalid one roundcube return a login/password invalid instead of "Unable to connect..." message.

Offline mark.valley

Unable to connect to imap server
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 04:05:06 PM »
Got it!

I adjusted user vmail uid at /etc/passwd but forgot to do the same at /etc/group . What a pain...

Thx!