Author Topic: keyboard shortcuts  (Read 19409 times)

Offline corbosman

keyboard shortcuts
« on: July 10, 2010, 01:27:23 PM »
Hi all,  ive taken over development of the keyboard shortcuts plugin from Rosali, who had taken it himself from Netzorz. Rosali has so many plugins, I volunteered to take over this one.  Im starting this thread to act as a place for discussion about this plugin.  I have released a new version 1.2 which has just a minor change. The link in the footer that shows the shortcut help page is now an icon , in line with existing icons in the footer.  I plan to release a version 2.0 in the coming weeks that will allow users to configure personal key settings for the shortcuts.

IMPORTANT: this plugin depends on the jqueryui support plugin

You can get both plugins here:  Downloads - roundcube-plugins - Project Hosting on Google Code

Offline corbosman

keyboard shortcuts
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 06:41:48 AM »
Just a quick note, the current version 1.2 should be compatible with 0.4-stable.

Offline eliot75

Installation
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 06:59:34 AM »
Sounds like a great plug-in, but I could really do with a set of installation instructions (dropping in the plugins directory doesn't seem to do anything) and also a list of shortcuts would be helpful. Thanks in advance...

Offline corbosman

keyboard shortcuts
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 10:36:28 AM »
Did you actually activate the plugin? You need to put the plugin in your main.inc.php in your config dir.

Offline eliot75

Plug-in activation
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2010, 04:00:01 PM »
I understand you need to add the plugin to main.inc.php to enable it, but can you advise what string I need to add to this file in order to activate?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
keyboard shortcuts
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 04:45:38 PM »
In /config/main.inc.php add it to the $rcmail_config['plugins'] array, like:

$rcmail_config
['plugins'] = array('keyboard_shortcuts');

Offline rosali

keyboard shortcuts
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 02:29:43 AM »
We need jqueryui aswell:

$rcmail_config
['plugins'] = array(

'jqueryui',

'keyboard_shortcuts'
);
Regards,
Rosali

Offline eliot75

keyboard shortcuts
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 02:48:14 PM »
Many thanks Rosali. This works a treat. What an awesome plug-in; should be in roundcube core! Thanks again.

Offline strictlydata

keyboard shortcuts
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 05:00:30 AM »
Great Plugin, however I would prefer to have standard shortkeys. ie ctrl +a selects all.

Is there away this can be changed?

Thanks

Offline corbosman

keyboard shortcuts
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 05:03:46 AM »
Allowing meta keys opens up a huge can of worms. I doubt this would ever work. What if you select a piece of text in your webbrowser and want to actually select THAT instead of selecting all messages?  It would badly conflict with OS specific key bindings.

Offline corbosman

keyboard shortcuts
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 05:00:35 PM »
I released a new version 1.6 that fixes a nasty bug that can cause events to fire twice.
Also added the 'd' command to delete a msg.

Both patches courtesy of elan.ruusamae.

Get the new version here:  Roundcube Plugins | Underwater World

Offline jonabbey

keyboard shortcuts
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2011, 11:23:28 AM »
I have tweaked keyboard_shortcuts.js so that it will do the right thing if the 'Compose in a New Window' plugin is installed and the user has selected to use it for compose/reply.

If the 'Compose in a New Window' plugin is not installed, or if the user has not decided to use that feature in his settings, this version will behave the same way that the unmodified version does.

You can download the revised file at http://ganymeta.org/keyboard_shortcuts.js.

Offline jonabbey

keyboard shortcuts
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 11:27:18 AM »
Hi, I've modified keyboard_shortcuts.js so that it will behave properly if the 'Compose in a New Window' plugin has been installed.  The modified version will now check to see if the 'Compose in a New Window' plugin has been installed and the user has selected to use the new window style for composing/replying.  If so, 'c', 'r', and 'R' will use the pop-up window provided by 'Compose in a New Window'.  If not, it behaves the same as before.

I don't seem to have enough privileges to enter a link here, so I will say that if you go ganymeta.org slash keyboard_shortcuts.js, you will be able to download a version with the changes I made.

You can download the revised file at http://ganymeta.org/keyboard_shortcuts.js.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 01:29:48 PM by skaero »

Offline Tayku

keyboard shortcuts
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 06:51:01 AM »
Hello!
I don’t know if it is correct to add a feature request to an existing plugin thread, so sorry for that.

I miss a specific feature for a shortcut, namely “toggle unread status for selected messages”. That is a nice feature in Thunderbird, where I press “m” and the message(s) are toggled read/unread. This even works for multiple marked messages, but I have to check if all messages then are getting read or unread.

There is an option for “set marked messages to read” or unread, respectively. Would it be possible to use this function for the shortcut?

Offline corbosman

Re: keyboard shortcuts
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2012, 07:22:11 AM »
Hi all, ive moved this plugin to github and tested it for compatibility with rc 0.8. From now on you can get this plugin here:

https://github.com/corbosman/keyboard_shortcuts

Cor