Author Topic: How to add external contact to Global Address book?  (Read 3512 times)

Offline pinemail11

How to add external contact to Global Address book?
« on: September 21, 2010, 03:47:07 AM »
Hello Team,

Is there a way I can add some external contacts (another group company email address) to my Global Address list?
Any pointers to a direct method or work around  would be highly appreciated.

Offline pinemail11

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 06:46:34 AM »
If adding external contacts to the GAL is not possible, we are happy with adding additional address list with all the external contacts. This address list should be available to all users in that domain. Any pointers ?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 01:18:32 PM »
do you mean you want to read the addressbook from a different place (like LDAP or something) or you want to import some contacts into your globaladdressbook?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline pinemail11

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 03:23:20 AM »
yes, We want to import some contacts into GAL.
Let me give you some more background info on this.
We are hosting one domain called domain.in. There are 500 mailboxes in this domain.
They have another group company called domain.com. Mailboxes for this domain is hosted by some other service provider.
Users from domain.in should be able to see all users from domain.com in their GAL or any other shared address book and send mails.

Offline pinemail11

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 04:18:09 AM »
Just came to know about "sharedaddressbooks" plugin. Tested this and it is working great and this is what I was looking for.
This plugin can be downloaded from the below post.
http://www.roundcubeforum.net/7-third-party-contributions/46-api-based-plugins/5622-new-plugin-shared-address-books-more-than-one.html

Thanks very much to imente :)