Author Topic: error on attachments  (Read 3692 times)

Offline ramin

error on attachments
« on: October 18, 2006, 09:24:00 AM »
hello
I try to send email to gmail and yahoo with attachment, but it dont send(attach file)
Is it bug?!?

Offline hpicao

Re: error on attachments
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 04:30:01 AM »
ive tried a jpg just now and it worked fine. what kind of attach are you trying? and how big?

Offline varavena

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 08:06:12 PM »
excuse my English, the problem of roundcube is that he keeps attachments like binary in the table, would have to work directly with the mail server.

Offline neworange

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 06:09:13 AM »
Hi, I'm having trouble sending attachments also, no matter the extension or how big they are, sometimes it just doesn't send them

I have servage hosting and the configuration is:

PHP Safe Mode  Off
PHP Safe Mode GID  Off
PHP Register Globals  Off

I hope someone can help me here...

Offline btcentral

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 04:02:35 AM »
Quote from: neworange
Hi, I'm having trouble sending attachments also, no matter the extension or how big they are, sometimes it just doesn't send them

I have servage hosting and the configuration is:

PHP Safe Mode Off
PHP Safe Mode GID Off
PHP Register Globals Off

I hope someone can help me here...

On my servage account, for the webmail (I created a sub-domain) my settings are:

PHP Safe Mode Off
PHP Safe Mode GID On - turning this off causes more stringent checking e.g. UID instead of GID.
PHP Register Globals On - It doesn't hurt to use this, generally for scripts like this it helps more than hinders.

Using these settings, it allows me to send attachments sometimes... it seems to send them when it feels like it.
Also, it's worth noting that if you are relying on the mail(); function attachments do not seem to work at all (at least with servage).

Hope this helps a bit.
http://www.btcentral.org.uk - Cheap, Top Quality Web-design.