Author Topic: Has someone hacked my account?  (Read 4107 times)

Offline Reservoir Dad

Has someone hacked my account?
« on: January 05, 2011, 09:39:20 PM »
Two days ago I opened my website to find that there was html all over the front page. I also couldn't open my roundcube webmail account. My website has been fixed by my server but I still can't access roundcube and someone suggested I may have been hacked. I get this message when trying to login -

----------------------
This webpage is not available.
The webpage at https://sl-879-2.sea.westdc.net:2096/3rdparty/roundcube/?_task=mail&_action=show&_uid=4421&_mbox=INBOX might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
-----------------------

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks
Clint

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 12:35:07 AM »
The link you provided is to login to cPanel, if you are using RoundCube in cPanel you need to contact your hosting provider for support. For what its worth the link loads for me so is possible that you've been blocked by the servers firewall.

Offline Reservoir Dad

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 12:57:20 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Why would I be blocked by the server all of a sudden? I'll try the server again.

Thanks

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 07:12:45 AM »
Firewalls may automatically block if you enter incorrect login information multiple times in a row or if you accessing the server from a proxy or if there was previously a hacking attempt from the ip address that you are now using. They may also block you for other reasons like triggering a false positive on a DDOS attack. The best way to check if you are being blocked by a Firewall is to try to access the server from a computer on a different network.