Author Topic: default User Configurations  (Read 2709 times)

Offline CNBarnes

default User Configurations
« on: April 21, 2011, 12:54:46 PM »
We have been running RC for a couple of months now and really like it.  I am trying to tweak some idiosyncracies and have only 2 left.

1) We want the default for each user to have in the Server Settings the option for "Do not show deleted messages" to be set to TRUE (checked).   I have poured over the main.inc.php file, but I can't seem to find it.

2) When a user logs into RC for the first time, we want the "Display Name" setting in their identity to match the CN from our Ldap server (the imap server is authenticating off of ldap already).   Obviously the imap server that is passing information to RC will not supply this information.
So how can we get RC to pull this information on it's own.

Fwiw, the LDAP server is already defined as an addressbook in the main.inc.php file.

Offline alec

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 03:00:19 PM »
Quote from: CNBarnes;34380

1) We want the default for each user to have in the Server Settings the option for "Do not show deleted messages" to be set to TRUE (checked).   I have poured over the main.inc.php file, but I can't seem to find it.

skip_deleted

2) When a user logs into RC for the first time, we want the "Display Name" setting in their identity to match the CN from our Ldap server (the imap server is authenticating off of ldap already).   Obviously the imap server that is passing information to RC will not supply this information.
So how can we get RC to pull this information on it's own.

You can use new_user_dialog plugin or write a plugin based on e.g. new_user_identity plugin.

Offline CNBarnes

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 04:06:18 PM »
Quote from: alec;34384
skip_deleted

Ah.  :D

You can use new_user_dialog plugin or write a plugin based on e.g. new_user_identity plugin.

So... what you're saying is "this isn't a normal function and nobody has made a plugin to do this yet"?  0:)

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 06:31:36 PM »
Quote from: alec;34384
skip_deleted
In addition, if you add skip_deleted to the dont_override array the users won't be able to change it later. ;D

Quote from: CNBarnes;34385
So... what you're saying is "this isn't a normal function and nobody has made a plugin to do this yet"?  0:)
Take a look at the new_user_identity plugin, it may be exactly what you are looking for. If not, it's pretty close and shouldn't need much tweaking.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA