Author Topic: Calendar - When to show events of shared calendars.  (Read 5683 times)

Offline snowweb

Calendar - When to show events of shared calendars.
« on: May 14, 2011, 03:52:51 AM »
When working with shared calendars in read/write mode and you do the following:

• Create 3 users.
  • Share all calendars with each of the 3 users.
  • Login as User 1
  • Switch to User 2's calendar.
  • Add an event for User 2. (I added an all day event on Jun2 22nd recurring each year infinitely).
  • Switch back to User 1's calendar.

After doing that, the event that was added for User 2 is still visible even though you are viewing User 1's calendar (could be acceptable but need to offer choice of toggling this easily).

After that, if you:

• While still logged in as User 1, create an event on the shared calendar of User 3 (I created this event as a non-recurring, 4 hour event on the same day as the event created above).
  • Switch back to User 1's calendar. In my case, the event was displayed twice on the same day for User 1. I don't think this is right.
  • Switch to User 2's calendar and notice how the event from User 3 is also displayed there.

While for a manager it will be great to be able to see all users activities on his own calendar without having to switch calendars, this should be an option. Maybe using a check box on the calendar to enable showing of shared events on his own calendar. Otherwise the manager won't be able to clearly see his own schedule. Maybe have some option to pale the shared items?

The other problem is that when the manager (User 1) is looking at User 2's schedule, he can't determine whether entries are relating to the User 2 or 3, since they are both shown on User 2's calendar.

When viewing a specific calendar, I think it should show only the specific entries of that calendar unless, 'Show shared items' is selected (and even then, they should only be shown for the logged in user, not on other calendars shared with you).

I think the above, is going to make the calendar very tricky for our company to use, but I think we'll give it a try, while at the same time hoping for some changes to the above.

Regards,

Peter

Offline rosali

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 07:02:39 AM »
I assume a bug here. The problem is, that events_cache table is not truncated. That's a bigger change. Please open a ticket @ myroundcube - RoundCube Plugins - Google Project Hosting and address the issue there.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline rosali

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 07:14:14 AM »
Well, when thinking about that it would be useful to have the possiblitly to switch to the readonly calendar. My thought was it is enough to filter events in this usecase.

Open a ticket @ myroundcube - RoundCube Plugins - Google Project Hosting. Issue tracking there is my preferred way to ask for enhancements or to report (approved) bugs.
Regards,
Rosali

Offline snowweb

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 07:29:14 AM »
Bug report created here.

Thanks Rosali.

fffengcharger

well
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 02:56:37 AM »
Thank you for sharing that with us more, here to think of problem, I continue to think.Fujifilm Finepix J15 Digital Camera Battery Charger
Fujifilm FinePix F440 Digital Camera Battery Charger   do you think so.