Author Topic: Count of unread Messages in Title  (Read 6491 times)

Offline Shuro

Count of unread Messages in Title
« on: July 20, 2011, 03:33:59 AM »
Hi there,
i dont know if it is already included, but in the <title> is only the count of unreaded messages of the Inbox listed.
But I use sieve-filters to throw some mails in other folders, but these unreaded messages are only shown in the folder overview, not in the title.

For better understanding i've added a screenshot.

Greetings, Shuro

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1702[/ATTACH]
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 12:17:11 AM by SKaero »

Offline Tayku

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 08:37:18 AM »
Hello!
I just experienced the same issue due to server-side sorting of mails (in my case, using procmail). This is quite annoying because I keep an eye on the browser tab for new mails while I’m working. But when there’s a new mail incoming and presorted in another folder, Roundcube does not show e.g. “(1) Roundcube”. I can only check it by manually activating the browser tab for a look.

So all in all, it would be nice to have all unread mails over all folders summarized in title bar, instead of just the number of unread mails in inbox.
Best is a configuration option, but if this is too much to code, a patch for this function would be great, too.

Offline Shuro

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 08:53:31 AM »
Nice to hear that i'm not the only one who want this feature.
Should I also look at 0.6-beta? Eventually somebody added this.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 05:06:24 AM »
no such option exists in the core but its easy to do with a plugin. you just have to override the regular function that sets the page title so that it counts up the mails in all folders. if you wanted to it could also be user confirguable (there are plugin hooks for adding options in the the settings screen). attached is an example, it copies the current RC behaviour exactly but rather than counting only messages in the inbox it counts messages in all folders. please feel free to modify it how ever you like.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 05:24:27 AM by JohnDoh »
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline Tayku

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 11:22:15 AM »
Nice, thank you very much. :) I will take this as a guide how to create own plugins.

Roundcube becomes more and more a total replacement for Thunderbird.