Author Topic: EXCITED new user & a simple question  (Read 4714 times)

Offline TonyPHX

EXCITED new user & a simple question
« on: July 31, 2011, 10:58:29 PM »
Hello,

I just started using round cube and am really loving it!  I am an OSX Lion Server user (fairly new to Lion Server) and am really enjoying the round cube web mail interface for the mail server with Lion.  I have previously always used Exchange for my home office email server and this is infinitely better and in the long run, a better choice for me.

One question I have, and I apologize if this is not the right place in advance.  (Incidentally, due to the nature of the problem I am experiencing, using search is nearly impossible for what will be apparent...)

Anyways, whenever I create a new user in the Mac Server utility, I then can log that user in to the web interface.  I notice that in the settings->identities pane that the email address for the newly created user is incorrect in that the email address is always user@www.mydomainname.com so my question is, what should I be looking for to avoid having the www. appear in the domain name?

Any help would be appreciated.  I will be digging in full heartedly into round cube, but this one is a showstopper to being able to enable my fellow users on the Lion server for now.  Thanks for any ideas.

Tony

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 01:57:29 AM »
In /config/main.inc.php change $rcmail_config['mail_domain'] to example.com without the www.

Offline TonyPHX

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 10:29:36 AM »
Skaero,

Thank you for your precise assistance!  I have made the change and it is working perfectly.  Thank you!  This open source project is simply one of the best.  I am really enjoying the functionality of RoundCube.  I am going to be lurking the forums to soak up more and more knowledge.  In the meantime I have a nicely running Mac Mini server serving up webmail for my small group of co-workers.  Thank you!!