Author Topic: Does Roundcube have common addressbook and mailing lists for all users to share?  (Read 3995 times)

Offline greavette

Hello,

We currently use Citadel for our mail server and connect Thunderbird through IMAP to Citadel. Our employees are very used to using the Addressbook and mailing lists in Thunderbird. I've always had trouble with our Citadel addressbook so I had to implement the use of egroupware's addressbook and connect Thunderbird through groupdav to our egroupware addressbook. This works great, but egroupware doesn't allow us to create mailing lists that can be used from Thunderbird. So currently we use Thunderbirds mailing list where each employee setups and keeps up to date their own mailing lists. Not an ideal situation which is why I'm looking for a better solution.

I'm pretty sure I can successfully connect roundcube to our Citadel mail server, but the main reason for this work would be if Roundcube offered a common addressbook and mailing list for all users in our office who use mail to access.  

I'm considering using Roundcube instead of Thunderbird...does Roundcube offer a common addressbook and mailing list shared amongst all our employees? Or do we need a third party solution again to handle our mailing lists?

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development

Offline Julius Caesar

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.de-keizer.net/
One other option is to use an LDAP-server. You can use the addressbook on that server also for other applications. And of course you can use an LDAP-server for authenctication.
Julius Caesar

You can download the Groupvice4 theme here.
Sie können Groupvice4 hier he

Offline greavette

Thanks very much for the link.  I will download this plugin and give it a try.