Author Topic: How do we change the default folder when Roundcube is opened  (Read 2987 times)

Offline greavette

How do we change the default folder when Roundcube is opened
« on: September 12, 2011, 11:46:21 PM »
Hello,

When I open Roundcube, the default folder is my Inbox.  In our office, we use Citadel and our main mail folder is not the Inbox.  How do we change the default folder when opening Roundcube.

Thank you,

Charles.

Offline greavette

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 07:44:08 PM »
As an example of what I'm looking to do, Thunderbird has an addon called 'Folderpane Tools' that allows me to override my startup folder.  Does Roundcube have this ability?

Offline greavette

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 07:11:02 AM »
Ok Then...if no one knows how to do this, could someone help me make a change similar to the Settings > Special Folders section where we have the ability to change the Draft or Sent folders where I can make my Inbox another folder.

Thank you.

Offline heta

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 09:27:11 AM »
I am agree with you, some similar changes and settings can help you to make this happens. Its nice info.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 05:50:48 AM »
Hi,

I am not sure if I have understood this correctly. You still have an Inbox folder just like normal but you would like it so that when you first login to Roundcube rather than having the Inbox folder selected some other folder is. Is that right?

If it is then a plugin is what you need. You can use the login_after hook. If you check out the docs here Plugin_Hooks you’ll see you get passed the default arguments but that you can add others so all you need to do is something like:
Code: [Select]
function my_login_after_func($args) {
$args['_mbox'] = "INBOX.SomeFolder";
return $args;
}

And then after you login SomeFolder will be selected rather than Inbox.

There are other hooks for adding things into the settings screen so you could let uses define their default folder for themselves too.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…