Author Topic: Filtering/managesieve Not Working  (Read 5989 times)

Offline cam815

Filtering/managesieve Not Working
« on: October 07, 2011, 03:56:28 PM »
I have Roundcube 0.5.4 running on my OS X 10.7 server and everything seems to be running fine, however I can't seem to get any filters running. Did some Googling for "roundcube filters not working" but didn't see any smoking guns. Anyone have any tips on how to figure this out?

Thanks!

Offline alec

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 02:36:17 AM »
Is managesieve server installed on mail server? WHat exactly is not working? Check the logs, use managesieve_debug option.

Offline cam815

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 07:28:24 PM »
I believe it is installed. I know the server is using dovecot and postfix (again it is an OS X 10.7 Lion Server using the default mail software). Is there an obvious way to tell if it's running?

If I create a Roundcube Filter that sends a copy of every email to another address, that works. Any emails I sent also have a copy sent to the listed address. I checked mail.log and see the message come in and the copied message go out without any problems.

If I create a Roundcube Filter that replies to every email (i.e. a Vacation Message), that does NOT work. I sent an email, watched mail.log, it arrived but there was no attempt (at least that I could see) in the log, to send a reply email out.

When you say "Check the logs", specifically which one? And where do I enable the managesieve_debut option? dovecot.conf?

-UPDATE-

Also tested: If I create a filter to move email to a specified folder, that also works. So it would seem the only non-working filter is a Reply to with message type filter.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 07:38:15 PM by cam815 »

Offline alec

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 03:00:15 AM »
You have a problem with sending mails. Check sendmail_path setting in dovecot.conf (protocol lda section).

Offline cam815

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 02:48:51 PM »
Traced my dovecot.conf file to an included file, /etc/dovecot/conf.d/15-lda.conf. Found this:

# Binary to use for sending mails.
sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail

Did a 'which sendmail' and that path is correct.

Question for anyone who has the "Reply to" Filter working - when it does an auto-reply, what is the Subject? Does it just add the Re: to the subject or is it a blank subject?

Offline cam815

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 06:50:47 PM »
Still have no resolved the issue.

Perhaps there is another plugin for Vacation Messages that people use that would work as a work-around?